Password
Contest News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Contest
Inside AP.net

Contest: Iggy and the Stooges

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (04/27/10)
EDIT: The contest is now over.

The deluxe edition of Iggy and the Stooges' seminal Raw Power is in stores today. We have a copy of the 3 CD/1 DVD/1 7" package to give away. Be the first to answer the answer the trivia questions in the replies below to win!

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 42.
12:11 PM on 04/27/10
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Album Details

RAW POWER: DELUXE EDITION by IGGY AND THE STOOGES

Disc One: RAW POWER (recorded September-October 1972, originally issued February 1973, as Columbia 32111) Selections: 1. Search And Destroy • 2. Gimme Danger • 3. Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell • 4. Penetration • 5. Raw Power • 6. I Need Somebody • 7. Shake Appeal • 8. Death Trip.

Disc Two: “Georgia Peaches” (Live At Richards, Atlanta, Georgia, October 1973, all tracks previously unreleased) Selections: 1. Introduction • 2. Raw Power • 3. Head On • 4. Gimme Danger • 5. Search And Destroy • 6. I Need Somebody • 7. Heavy Liquid • 8. Cock In My Pocket • 9. Open Up And Bleed • Bonus tracks: 10. Doojiman (previously unreleased outtake from Raw Power sessions, 1972) • 11. Head On (previously unreleased CBS Studio rehearsal performance, New York City, 1973).

Disc Three: Rarities, Outtakes, & Alternates from the Raw Power Era Selections: 1. I’m Hungry (outtake from Raw Power sessions) • 2. I Got A Right (outtake from an early aborted Raw Power session) • 3. I’m Sick Of You (outtake from an early aborted Raw Power session) • 4. Hey, Peter (out­take from Raw Power sessions) • 5. Shake Appeal (alternate mix version from recently discovered alternate mix reels, “The Embassy Reels”) • 6. Death Trip (alternate mix version from recently discovered alternate mix reels, “The Embassy Reels”) • 7. Gimme Danger (alternate mix from the 1996 Iggy “violent” remixes) • 8. Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell (alternate mix from the 1996 Iggy “violent” remixes). (All tracks previously unreleased except tracks 3, 7, and 8.)

Disc Four: DVD – The Making Of Raw Power, produced and directed by Morgan Neville (featuring interviews with Iggy Pop, James Williamson, Scott Asheton, Mike Watt, Johnny Marr, and Henry Rollins; plus performance footage from James Williamson’s first reunion concert with Iggy and the Stooges, at Festival Planeta Terra, São Paulo, Brazil, November 2009).

Bonus Japanese 7-inch 45 rpm single reproduction: Side One – Raw Power b/w Side Two – Search And Destroy.

48-page softcover 7-inch square book: In addition to the same two essays and introductions that appear in the LEGACY EDITION booklet, the box set book adds a new 1100-word essay by Henry Rollins, as well as testimonials about the enduring legacy of Raw Power from Lou Reed, Joan Jett, Tom Morello, Cheetah Chrome (Dead Boys), Hugo Burnham (Gang of Four), Jim Reid (Jesus & Mary Chain) and more. The book’s essence, however, is the wealth of photography inside – from the collections of Mick Rock and Robert Matheu, among others. Also included in the box set are five exquisitely printed 5x7-inch photographs, suitable for framing.

Trivia QuestionsBe the first to answer the following questions to win:

1. What now-common stage antic is Iggy Pop credited as having invented?
2. What is Iggy's all-time favorite album?
3. What 90s film featured a character modeled after Iggy?

All three answers must be correct.
12:16 PM on 04/27/10
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Someone better get this, these questions are super easy!
12:16 PM on 04/27/10
quiksilver21k
User Info.
1. Stage Dive
2. Frank Sinatra
3. Funboy from The Crow
12:18 PM on 04/27/10
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
1. Stage Dive
2. Frank Sinatra
3. Funboy from The Crow
No, keep going. Re-read the questions.
12:18 PM on 04/27/10
FueledByFrodo
@alexndr_the_gr9
User Info.
1. Stage-dive
2. Frank Sinatra
3. Velvet Goldmine
12:20 PM on 04/27/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Almosttttttttttttt
12:20 PM on 04/27/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
It's album, not singer!!
12:21 PM on 04/27/10
xRustyx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
1. Stage Dive
2, Frank Sinatra
3. Curt Wilde
JoeShow
It's time for drastic measures
User Info.
1. Pogo dancing
2. Frank Sinatra
3. Velvet Goldmine
FueledByFrodo
@alexndr_the_gr9
User Info.
1. Stage-dive
2. Frank Sinatra "Young At Heart"
3. Velvet Goldmine
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Oops, I guess there are two acceptable answers to the third question. I'll take either one. No one has gotten all of the answers yet.
12:22 PM on 04/27/10
xRustyx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
1. Stage Dive
2. Young at Heart
3. Velvet Goldmine
12:23 PM on 04/27/10
Jimmy_Love
User Info.
1. Stage Dive
2. I want to say The Ronettes... Presenting The Fabulous Ronettes. I think I read that in an interview.
3. The Crow
12:24 PM on 04/27/10
FueledByFrodo
@alexndr_the_gr9
User Info.
1. Stage-dive
2. The Ronettes... Presenting The Fabulous Ronettes
3. Velvet Goldmine
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News