AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 53
09:31 AM on 04/30/10
HometownHero
User Info.
Thats cause Nolan is a nice guy. I met him once and he was the coolest dude ever!

Also, I told him to bring mansions on a TBS tour, hopefully he follows suit.
That was your question? Haha I liked that. I've been refreshing on my Mansions this past week haha
09:36 AM on 04/30/10
acex23
Slam Dunkin the funk since '88.
User Info.
I love Brand New. Deja Entendu is one of my favorite records ever. With that said, I think Daisy is one of the worst albums I've heard in my entire life. My opinion, it's ok if you, John or the whole world disagree. With that said, I think there's a possibility that John hasn't liked either, just as same as a possibility that he does like it. But who cares, after all? Why look for endorsement about something you enjoy? If you enjoy it, it's all that matters.
At least you're eloquent about it. Though I strongly disagree, my point isn't really that John has to like it. But (and this is going to sound pretentious as all get out) as someone in a band, I always try to keep up on my friends' music and listen to their progressions and regressions. I think they do the same for me.

And I mean we're talking polar opposites. My band is sort of like A Day To Remember and some of my friend's music is like Dave Matthew's Band.

I feel like real artists are reflected so much in their music, a friend could listen to a CD all the way through just to catch up with their friend almost. I don't know, maybe I'm getting too lofty here.
09:43 AM on 04/30/10
Noah Sparrow
User Info.
At least you're eloquent about it. Though I strongly disagree, my point isn't really that John has to like it. But (and this is going to sound pretentious as all get out) as someone in a band, I always try to keep up on my friends' music and listen to their progressions and regressions. I think they do the same for me.

And I mean we're talking polar opposites. My band is sort of like A Day To Remember and some of my friend's music is like Dave Matthew's Band.

I feel like real artists are reflected so much in their music, a friend could listen to a CD all the way through just to catch up with their friend almost. I don't know, maybe I'm getting too lofty here.
I don't think it's pretentious at all.

But put yourself on Nolan's position. If he thinks it sucks, would he talk about it openly on formspring?
09:57 AM on 04/30/10
skaskecher
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I enjoyed reading his answers... find it addicting in a way, have a hard time pulling myself away from reading every question.

I really enjoy Adam n John's honesty
10:23 AM on 04/30/10
kidsrdumb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Nice to see him answer this one. It always made me so angry on here when everyone stated as fact that John wrote that whole record. I never saw anywhere where anyone in the band said that he did. So that untruth can now die. lol..

did you write the majority of TAYF lyrics?
no. it was a collaboration with adam. we spent a lot of time talking about our lyrics and using each others lyrical ideas and it eventually got to a point where it was hard at times to say who was responsible for what.
11:07 AM on 04/30/10
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
That was your question? Haha I liked that. I've been refreshing on my Mansions this past week haha

yeah, I want Browder to get exposure! He is a true musician so It would be nice to see yanno? He answered the question too (not the exact one I asked though): "what's your relationship with the band mansions? any possibility of browder joining tbs for tour?

i love those guys. i would be super psyched to have them on a tbs tour."

"Unwell" and "Curacao Blue" is probably my favorite Mansions songs.
11:08 AM on 04/30/10
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
Mr. cooper has a formspring now too.
11:13 AM on 04/30/10
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
John > Adam
11:23 AM on 04/30/10
ghsNICK!
To remember, and to let go.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sweet.
Who needs Modlife? haha
11:25 AM on 04/30/10
HometownHero
User Info.
yeah, I want Browder to get exposure! He is a true musician so It would be nice to see yanno? He answered the question too (not the exact one I asked though): "what's your relationship with the band mansions? any possibility of browder joining tbs for tour?

i love those guys. i would be super psyched to have them on a tbs tour."

"Unwell" and "Curacao Blue" is probably my favorite Mansions songs.
When my band plays with him, we get to go on right before him so I am super stoked to get to talk a bunch before hand. He deserves greatness. Hopefully I buy his record on vinyl there too. He deserves to blow the fuck up. Unwell is a great song
11:33 AM on 04/30/10
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
When my band plays with him, we get to go on right before him so I am super stoked to get to talk a bunch before hand. He deserves greatness. Hopefully I buy his record on vinyl there too. He deserves to blow the fuck up. Unwell is a great song

do me a favor and tell him I love him please? hah

I am still pretty jealous you are playing a show with him. Can you ask him questions about the new album??? I wonder how much of it will be acoustic and the rest be full band. ahhhhhhh mustgetinformationnow.
11:35 AM on 04/30/10
HometownHero
User Info.
do me a favor and tell him I love him please? hah

I am still pretty jealous you are playing a show with him. Can you ask him questions about the new album??? I wonder how much of it will be acoustic and the rest be full band. ahhhhhhh mustgetinformationnow.
I will give you all the deets when the time comes haha if you want me to ask him questions I will, and for sure will ask about the new album.
11:36 AM on 04/30/10
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.

In every way possible.

Sweet.
Who needs Modlife? haha

True story: Modlife sucks ballz.
11:37 AM on 04/30/10
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
I will give you all the deets when the time comes haha if you want me to ask him questions I will, and for sure will ask about the new album.

whens the show again?
11:38 AM on 04/30/10
HometownHero
User Info.
Mine is on May 10th

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT