AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 73
05:58 PM on 05/03/10
xjdizzle
User Info.
Theu guys are honestly not THAT bad .. At least they arent trying to Be lie Attack Attack or Brokencyde
06:20 PM on 05/03/10
JPWells
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I thought the song was amazing!!!! But, I thought Warzone was even better!
06:40 PM on 05/03/10
GetWellBoss
Augustine / Ryan
User Info.
Nope - not a dime. I wish

They didn't pay.

Man, if I got paid for/by all bands I feature, I'd give up my "real life" job.

I'm not saying you guys personally got paid to post anything.

I'm just saying that it's a form of marketing and if a band/label ignored that, it would be foolish. So maybe their label paid a company to promote this. It happens all of the time in the real world.

Also Garret: Why would you say "I wish" if you are the one you that posted it. Why would you post things like this if you actually didn't like it when there are tons of other bands out there that could use the advertising. And honestly I know personal preference isn't what makes you choose music to post, but I would think that it would play a part a little bit for the exclusive.

And yes I've heard it MANY times that AP isn't paid to post things. I believe that for the most part...but I guess I just question why is this posted if there wasn't some external push behind it. It seems a majority of the staff have posted negative comments so far about this band.

Also, not trying to start shit, I hope it doesn't read that way. Just curious. I'm incredibly thankful for everything AP has done for our band and this just crossed my mind.
07:46 PM on 05/03/10
B4Bronco6
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Okay....that song in the player is NOT Framing Hanley.
07:48 PM on 05/03/10
yutsmcgee
Penis
User Info.
Okay....that song in the player is NOT Framing Hanley.
it's on their myspace as well. so yea it's definitely them.
07:52 PM on 05/03/10
B4Bronco6
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
it's on their myspace as well. so yea it's definitely them.
You're correct. It is them. Looks like a bonus track for the UK?
08:16 PM on 05/03/10
DandonTRJ
~~~ヾ(^∇^
User Info.
My crazy ex was into this band. From the comments, it sounds like I lucked out in the break-up.

EDIT: Though this song doesn't sound like anything Boys Like Girls wouldn't record.

EDIT 2: And now I look up and see it's a Runner Runner song? I'm confused. Whatever.
08:20 PM on 05/03/10
Peroxwhyjenn
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Wow....all the haters!! This band is AMAZING! They have grown SO MUCH since "The Moment", and I've been blessed enough to see them 5 times....never have I left disappointed....I've always left wanting more. I am looking forward to "A Promise To Burn"....just three more weeks left! I love these guys so much...and I am so proud to be a Framing Hanley Freek. <3
08:23 PM on 05/03/10
Peroxwhyjenn
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
And to whoever said "bonus track for the UK?" Nope, it's on the album, this is just the SINGLE in the UK! I love it!
08:42 PM on 05/03/10
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
Wow....all the haters!! This band is AMAZING! They have grown SO MUCH since "The Moment", and I've been blessed enough to see them 5 times....never have I left disappointed....I've always left wanting more. I am looking forward to "A Promise To Burn"....just three more weeks left! I love these guys so much...and I am so proud to be a Framing Hanley Freek. <3
That many goddamn ...'s are not necessary in the slightest.

Also, did we make this an AP exclusive just to bash it? Nice and mature...
09:26 PM on 05/03/10
starseed
pen?
User Info.
But dude, they re-released their album JUST to include a Lil Wayne cover and video and to slap a new sticker on the cover of the album. No respect?

fuck this band
I will say this. I post at another website called Tunelab and Nixon, the lead singer, is a regular poster there, and he's a pretty good dude. He has a great sense of humor about everything, which is good because we rib him mercilessly.

The fact of the matter is that they made the Lollipop cover to kill time on the road and it was the label that pushed them to release it. It's not something they really wanted to do, but it's something that was done so that the label could break them. It didn't work like they hoped obviously because "Count Me In" failed upon rerelease. And now they're known as the Lollipop guys and that was never their intention from the start. I'm sure most people here know of bands that have had to make a really bad creative decision for the sake of their label. It sucked as much for them as for anyone else.

My point is that say what you will about their music, but Nixon works hard for his craft just like any other musician out there and he deserves a little more respect as a human being.
09:29 PM on 05/03/10
GetWellBoss
Augustine / Ryan
User Info.
i don't get it what's the difference between this and this

holy shit. i just listened to this. it's the same fucking song. HAHAHAHA.
09:31 PM on 05/03/10
HometownHero
User Info.
I will say this. I post at another website called Tunelab and Nixon, the lead singer, is a regular poster there, and he's a pretty good dude. He has a great sense of humor about everything, which is good because we rib him mercilessly.

The fact of the matter is that they made the Lollipop cover to kill time on the road and it was the label that pushed them to release it. It's not something they really wanted to do, but it's something that was done so that the label could break them. It didn't work like they hoped obviously because "Count Me In" failed upon rerelease. And now they're known as the Lollipop guys and that was never their intention from the start. I'm sure most people here know of bands that have had to make a really bad creative decision for the sake of their label. It sucked as much for them as for anyone else.

My point is that say what you will about their music, but Nixon works hard for his craft just like any other musician out there and he deserves a little more respect as a human being.
Yeah regardless band still sucks
09:34 PM on 05/03/10
starseed
pen?
User Info.
Yeah regardless band still sucks
You didn't even read what I wrote, did you.
09:39 PM on 05/03/10
HometownHero
User Info.
You didn't even read what I wrote, did you.
I did, however me not caring about this band at all trumped what you said. "Killing time" on the road is not an excuse. I get bored, and you know what I do? Jerk off, go out with friends, smoke, drink, party, eat, video games, music, blah blah blah. These bands pander at a fan base with this shitty covers and then are like "oh we were bored." Yes their label wanted to keep it going, and when they saw us roasting them for it, they copped out with excuses. Blah blah blah. If maybe the cover was just lame but they made good music I would understand. But they make terrible terrible music to go with this god awful cover. Regardless if that singer is a good dude, his band still blows. The end

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos