AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Minus the Bear News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

AP.net Interview: Minus the Bear

Posted by - 10:48 AM on 05/04/10
An interview with Minus the Bear can be seen here.
QuoteA record doesn't have staying time if there isn't other things you can pick up on as you listen. Sometimes you hear a record for the first time, and you're like, "Wow, this is amazing!" the first time. Often times that record doesn't stay with you as long as something you have to work a little bit harder at.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 32
11:08 AM on 05/04/10
nickstetina
User Info.
I think the "albums you have to work a little harder at "have notoriously been albums that I would consider my all time favorites.
11:32 AM on 05/04/10
Meeze
PunkOut.org
User Info.
yeah, totally agree. an album can be rad at first, but then they tend to fizzle out. maybe this is a product of over listening initially. but really, i think it says that an album has little depth. the greatest albums, The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Of Me, for instance, take much more time to get engrossed with because they are so deep. You can listen to TDAGARIM over and over and each time you find something new. That is what keeps people coming back for more. The greatest albums take time, but the reward is much greater.
11:32 AM on 05/04/10
Vhisuo
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
the first sentence of the quote is worded so poorly, not to mention the grammar mistake. think i'll pass.
11:47 AM on 05/04/10
ETGsynth
IWillBuryYou&EverythingYouBelieveIn
User Info.
Was waiting for Brand New to be brought up. Good read.
11:51 AM on 05/04/10
ninthandash
ninthandash.com
User Info.
the first sentence of the quote is worded so poorly, not to mention the grammar mistake. think i'll pass.
i though lolwut as well
12:01 PM on 05/04/10
bobcatbob18
Hang your secrets
User Info.
Definitely need to pick up Omni today after work. I heard the first half and I thought it was badass.
12:08 PM on 05/04/10
InvisibleImage
User Info.
"Sometimes you hear a record for the first time, and you're like, "Wow, this is amazing!" the first time. Often times that record doesn't stay with you as long as something you have to work a little bit harder at."
this is the most true fact in music. This is why Mandala by RxB is my favorite album, took a couple listens to really get the feel, but my god, once it hits...it sticks with you forever. Omni is also like this too, along with the rest of MTB albums.
12:10 PM on 05/04/10
InvisibleImage
User Info.
what an ignorant statement. it actually makes perfect sense if you read the rest of the quote.
12:46 PM on 05/04/10
Say Nothing
Oh the burdens of time
User Info.
what an ignorant statement. it actually makes perfect sense if you read the rest of the quote.
Perfect sense it may make, but that makes it no less of a grammatical error.
12:51 PM on 05/04/10
InBetweenAisles
WeReadTheSignsCompletelyB ackwards
User Info.
Cool interview.
12:52 PM on 05/04/10
Mudkip
Joe Barone
User Info.
Looking past the aforementioned grammatical error because I love their music so much.
12:53 PM on 05/04/10
RonMexico
bitte orca
User Info.
...but why do I see "Planet of Ice" fitting the quote more than "OMNI"?
12:57 PM on 05/04/10
truth or dare
don't just stare at it, eat it
User Info.
new album = a gift from the heavens
02:50 PM on 05/04/10
fgevilmonkey
Bitches ain't shit
User Info.
...but why do I see "Planet of Ice" fitting the quote more than "OMNI"?
Because most people's standards are much lower than yours. OMNI doesn't fit this description at all because it's mind-numbingly simple. MTB made a big mistake going to Chicarelli, a guy pimping style over substance.. compound that with Alex Rose's uninventive synth and you've got an album that is not a Minus the Bear album in any traditional sense.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos