Username
Password
This Providence News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
This Providence
Inside AP.net

Introducing Teachers

Posted by: Blake Solomon (05/07/10)
Dan Young and Andy Horst of This Providence have started a side project tentatively titled Teachers. The band's first show will be Thursday, May 13 at The Blue Moon Tavern in Seattle, WA.

Submitted by MKEcasey

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
10:15 PM on 05/07/10
HoldThatSound
racaaabeef
User Info.
I'm going.

edit - 21+

fml.
10:20 PM on 05/07/10
You Got Owned
@andymania
User Info.
the start to every band's demise...
11:49 PM on 05/07/10
dmobley
I'm a sucker for a kind word
User Info.
count me in
11:54 PM on 05/07/10
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
ANNNNND that's that.
11:54 PM on 05/07/10
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
the start to every band's demise...
yup.
04:03 AM on 05/08/10
introduction
You're not real musician!
User Info.
Not a fan of the name, but interested in what direction they're heading towards. Here's to hoping it's not full of synths.
05:04 AM on 05/08/10
jusscali
EMO REVIVAL IS FOR BITCHES
User Info.
maybe they will make good music again?
06:02 AM on 05/08/10
joninprogress
Live Together, Die Alone
User Info.
I hate how a lot of band names are just pluralized words.

get creative.
07:53 AM on 05/08/10
HometownHero
User Info.
ANNNNND that's that.
Why?
08:36 AM on 05/08/10
Formatfun
Format, The, Format, The
User Info.
This if fucking intriguing... 'cause I love This Providence!
11:26 AM on 05/08/10
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
This band put their hearts into two records (just 2 right?), and they haven't really been able to do anything with it. You can't expect every member in the band to entirely love the music, AND be broke forever. To be sticking it out in a touring band, you either need satisfaction from the music, or money. IMO, its time to do some side projects, let these records circulate for a while until people catch on to them, and then come back to This Providence. Theyre a talented band too, so I'd def be interested in their side projects. I just feel that with the way most bands do it, I wouldn't be surprised to see these guys throw in the towel.
11:46 AM on 05/08/10
MKEcasey
twitter.com/caseycuene
User Info.
This band put their hearts into two records (just 2 right?), and they haven't really been able to do anything with it. You can't expect every member in the band to entirely love the music, AND be broke forever. To be sticking it out in a touring band, you either need satisfaction from the music, or money. IMO, its time to do some side projects, let these records circulate for a while until people catch on to them, and then come back to This Providence. Theyre a talented band too, so I'd def be interested in their side projects. I just feel that with the way most bands do it, I wouldn't be surprised to see these guys throw in the towel.
The guys are actually really happy with things as of late in the realm of This Providence. Probably the happiest they have been in awhile.
12:25 PM on 05/08/10
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
The guys are actually really happy with things as of late in the realm of This Providence. Probably the happiest they have been in awhile.
Well thats good to hear. I'm sorry if I sounded negative before. I was more trying to say that side projects are created to satisfy a want or a need to play something else. A lot of times when bands start side projects, it's an early sign of a break up. I like this band. I met the singer last year during the Get Up Kids set at bamboozle. He was a nice dude.
02:41 PM on 05/08/10
HometownHero
User Info.
I think they are doing okay for themselves. I see it being just something different for them for a little. This Providence just did a headlining tour I believe. I think they are doing okay
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums