Username
Password
Avenged Sevenfold News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Avenged Sevenfold
Inside AP.net

Avenged Sevenfold Tour Drummer Announced

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (05/08/10)
Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater will be playing drums for Avenged Sevenfold on their upcoming tour with Disturbed and throughout the rest of the year. A message from Portnoy can be found in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 92
09:00 AM on 05/08/10
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Message from MikeAfter having had such an amazing experience recording my drum tracks for the new Avenged Sevenfold album, we all knew it would be awesome if I'd be able to do some touring with the band after its release...

I am happy to say that the timing worked out perfectly that my touring cycle with Dream Theater (and Transatlantic) was coming to an end just as A7X's was scheduled begin!

(well, perfect for everyone except my poor family!) : )

Although I wish I could stay on board with A7X in a more permanent capacity, the reality is that I am committed to Dream Theater as my main priority (that is my baby after all!), and I will need to resume work with DT to start a new album at some point in 2011....

However, I will be able to join my brothers in Avenged Sevenfold for at least the duration of their touring throughout 2010...and hopefully this will give them the time to continue to heal and get comfortable back on the road....

You can look at me like the band's "rebound drummer" to buy them some time until they are comfortable and ready to make a commitment to somebody new for full-time relationship in their future!

In the meantime, I am real excited to hit the road with the boys...to bring my drumming from their new album to life on stage and to honor The Rev with all of their older material....

(Hey, do I get to have a cool, bad-ass stage name now???) : )

C-ya out there,

MP
09:04 AM on 05/08/10
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
What a score for them to be able to keep that guy on tour with them. Portnoy has seriously dedicated fans - I wouldn't be surprised if people go to see Avenged Sevenfold just for Portnoy.
09:07 AM on 05/08/10
moronindisguise
User Info.
What a score for them to be able to keep that guy on tour with them. Portnoy has seriously dedicated fans - I wouldn't be surprised if people go to see Avenged Sevenfold just for Portnoy.
I would, That's great news for them.
09:08 AM on 05/08/10
George-Michael
User Info.
I remember being 16 and thinking this band was so awesome. In realality I just liked bad music and they weren't awesome. Now they are even way less awesome and touring with Disturbed.
09:13 AM on 05/08/10
SurfSkittles16
say what?
User Info.
so excited to go to this show (only for avenged). i was really happy to see portnoy join them for the tour. such a classy guy.
09:21 AM on 05/08/10
beauty is dead
such a life to remember
User Info.
jeff portnoy, jeff, portnoy, jeff portnoy and jeff portnoy.
09:24 AM on 05/08/10
BornUnderPunches
I am not a dirty god
User Info.
^ wrong (i love that movie)

portnoy and all of Dream Theater are incredible. I would be so honored to have him play drums for my band. It's always awesome seeing legendary musicians play with musicians that they influenced
09:31 AM on 05/08/10
iden22
close call
User Info.
Very classy act. Portnoy is a beast.
09:31 AM on 05/08/10
DejaGuy89
Stolen Bikes Ride Faster
User Info.
duuuuude i hate AX7 but that dude is a BEAST
09:41 AM on 05/08/10
Cody Nelson
Your mouth to God's south.
User Info.
This situation is being handled marvelously. Avenged Sevenfold is not good, but Portnoy will make them sound a hell of a lot better.
09:47 AM on 05/08/10
Raarzipan
Registered Member
User Info.
I remember when I was a huge A7X fankid, favorite band back in junior high and High School, then that self titled album came around.
10:02 AM on 05/08/10
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
I remember being 16 and thinking this band was so awesome. In realality I just liked bad music and they weren't awesome. Now they are even way less awesome and touring with Disturbed.

This made me laugh.
10:03 AM on 05/08/10
Sloth7
Kitton Mittons
User Info.
I cannot stand A7X, but they are really fortunate to have scored him.
10:07 AM on 05/08/10
sevinw0rds
Polyrhythms!
User Info.
Count me amongst those, it'd be a treat to see him tackle some of their older songs with his own spin. Great news for these dudes.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums