AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Virgin Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Virgin Records
Inside AP.net

My Favorite Highway Announces Storytellers Acoustic...

Posted by: Rohan Kohli (05/08/10)
My Favorite Highway has just announced their Storytellers Acoustic House Show Tour for June. Tickets are on sale now here. Head to the replies for dates and details.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 63
10:38 AM on 05/08/10
Rohan Kohli
True Punk Fan
User Info.
"We’re very excited to announce that we’re going to be doing a Storytellers Acoustic House Show Tour in June. These are going to be very intimate and exclusive performances, we will play for an hour each night and we’ll be taking time to talk about the stories behind the songs as well as taking questions. We will be playing old songs, new songs, covers, and taking requests. There will only be 50 tickets available for each show and you will only be able to buy them through our website."
JUNE 3 - CHICAGO, IL

JUNE 4 - PONTIAC, MI

JUNE 5 - CLEVELAND, OH

JUNE 6 - ALLENTOWN, PA

JUNE 7 - PHILADELPHIA, PA

JUNE 8 - JERSEY CITY, NJ

JUNE 9 - BOSTON, MA

JUNE 10 - BALTIMORE, MD

JUNE 13 - RICHMOND, VA

JUNE 14 - VIRGINIA BEACH, VA

JUNE 15 - RALEIGH, NC

JUNE 16 - HILTON HEAD, SC

JUNE 17 - ATLANTA, GA

JUNE 18 - ORLANDO, FL

JUNE 19 - FORT LAUDERDALE, FL

JUNE 20 - TAMPA, FL
10:47 AM on 05/08/10
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
i don't understand why almost every tour goes to philadelphia, allentown, and new jersey (often for multiple stops), but not pittsburgh. it's really irritating.
11:01 AM on 05/08/10
spiffa0
I am the Third Revelation
User Info.
i don't understand why almost every tour goes to philadelphia, allentown, and new jersey (often for multiple stops), but not pittsburgh. it's really irritating.
This. It's a convenient stop on the way to Cleveland from Philly or vice versa. There are decent venues here but nothing great ever comes through.
11:03 AM on 05/08/10
sweethart5349
War Paint.
User Info.

i remember reading on dave's blog that they wanted to go to pittsburgh and set a date for it, but no one was able to have them play at their house on the date they needed :/
11:05 AM on 05/08/10
GreenJellyBean
i'm a girl.
User Info.
i would feel really weird going to someone's house. haha and the philly one isn't even in the city, it's in jersey.
11:10 AM on 05/08/10
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
i remember reading on dave's blog that they wanted to go to pittsburgh and set a date for it, but no one was able to have them play at their house on the date they needed :/
i mean, i'd let them play in my house haha. it just seems sad (and disappointing), especially considering that the band has ties to the city.
12:05 PM on 05/08/10
TerrancePryor
twitter.com/terrancepryor
User Info.
Quote:
There will only be 50 tickets available for each show and you will only be able to buy them through our website."

That's gay.
12:33 PM on 05/08/10
Max_123
@HeyMaxSup
User Info.
new album nao plz
01:25 PM on 05/08/10
summerinb
User Info.
super bummed the pittsburgh date fell through. allentown is wayy to far. :/
02:38 PM on 05/08/10
tuck0789
Call It Fiction
User Info.
Anyone notice that its $20 per ticket, basically there making $1000 each night if all tickets sell. cool idea, but do you really need to charge that much money?
02:54 PM on 05/08/10
lucygray
often imitated, never duplicated
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Anyone notice that its $20 per ticket, basically there making $1000 each night if all tickets sell. cool idea, but do you really need to charge that much money?

That does seem like a lot of money for one band. I get that it's kind of intimate, but I think 50 people in a house is a lot. Not worth it to me but I guess their diehard fans will pay for it.
03:18 PM on 05/08/10
lissalynn
We are the music makers
User Info.
True, but almost all of the shows are probably going to sell out and they won't get a cut taken by a venue plus they just booked an entire east coast tour in under 3 days, so honestly if it works then props to them
03:18 PM on 05/08/10
taylerx0
I'm ready, waiting on my ending.
User Info.
I feel like tickets are overly expensive? I'd consider going to the 6/19 one anyway, because Parkland is a town over from me, but I'll be on vacation.
03:48 PM on 05/08/10
CofeyWasHere
User Info.
ehh they never hit up new england. but even if they did those prices are a tad much for a one band show, especially when they only have one album to play from
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests