Username
Password
The Bled News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Bled
Inside AP.net

Fade in Bled

Posted by: Blake Solomon (05/11/10)
Shane Sheffer of The Fade will be filling in on bass for The Bled on their current tour.

Submitted by Chandals

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
07:52 AM on 05/11/10
xconcretenwater
dude
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The Bled is over
08:03 AM on 05/11/10
icynova
Love is easier made than kept!
User Info.
Wow. More lineup drama from the Bled.
09:08 AM on 05/11/10
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.

I know right?? Their bassist (maybe, in fact we don't know but lets just already assume) left! This band is so done!

Wow. More lineup drama from the Bled.

why dont you wait till you hear what the story is.
10:12 AM on 05/11/10
blessphemy
User Info.
i don't know their "rock by any means" state-of-mind might pull them through
12:48 PM on 05/11/10
Greg.Kushlan
Ghostbusting makes me feel good
User Info.
This is from their myspace blog:

Quote:
I’ve been putting off writing this until I was a little less emotionally heated. Before the rumor mill circulates, Brad Murray quit The Bled. Obviously this lifestyle is not for everyone and we have dealt with our share of Line-up changes. He is not at fault for not wanting to stay in a touring band. However, he chose to keep this information from us when we had days off and couldve prepared for it. He waited until 16 hrs before our co-headlining tour to tell us. Brad listed several reasons for leaving, most of which we came to find out were total fabrications and some were laughably ridiculous. When I talked to him he told me he felt terrible and agreed to play the first show and teach our fill-in some songs and that we were welcome to use his equipment for the tour. We woke the next morning and went to put our suitcases in the trailer to find that he had waited for us to fall asleep to unload the trailer and take all of his bass gear. Which was not an easy task to do by himself in the a.m. hours. He put a lot of effort into fucking over his friends not to mention lying with a straight face. Normally I wouldn’t air this dirty laundry out on a public forum but I would hate for him to try and worm his way into another band someday without people knowing what an untrustworthy person he truly is. The plus side to this bullshit is that our good friend Shane Sheffer stepped up to the plate and dropped everything to come on tour with us. He busted his ass and learned 6 songs on the way to the first show. And has learned more since then. We wouldn’t be on this tour right now without him. We would also like to thank our new friends In Fear and Faith for agreeing to headline the first few shows as Shane learns enough of our songs for a headlining set. And of course loaning us their bass gear for the time being. We appologize to the fans that Brad let down and to his friends that were looking forward to seeing him on this tour. The Bled is still alive and well and we look forward to seeing you on this here Rise Records tour. -jrt The Bled Ps. If you read this far, you love drama. <3
01:09 PM on 05/11/10
InBetweenAisles
WeReadTheSignsCompletelyB ackwards
User Info.
Awesome.

EDIT: Awesome to them being able to find a bassist to fill in. Really bummed that Brad left.
01:11 PM on 05/11/10
icynova
User Info.
I know right?? Their bassist (maybe, in fact we don't know but lets just already assume) left! This band is so done!

why dont you wait till you hear what the story is.

Called it.
01:17 PM on 05/11/10
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.

It wasn't hard to call but before jumping to conclusions like it was drama-rama, you could wait and see what happend.
01:48 PM on 05/11/10
icynova
User Info.
It wasn't hard to call but before jumping to conclusions like it was drama-rama, you could wait and see what happend.

I respect your opinion, because I see you a lot in threads, and tend to think the same way as you, but in this case? With the Bled's history? You wanting to give them the benifet of the doubt because you like them is one thing, but don't blame other people for not doing the same. Not that I dont like the Bled, but it doesn't take a genius to spot this pattern.
01:51 PM on 05/11/10
inertiatic_sks
User Info.
It wasn't any fault of the band's that Brad pulled a dick move. If they can replace three core members, they can replace a bassist. You guys act like a bassist of all things is going to keep a band from going on, despite the fact these dudes conquered a mountain of debt in a little over a year, replaced three members and went on to write a brilliant new album. It's going to take a lot more than losing a bassist for these guys to call it quits.
02:05 PM on 05/11/10
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
I respect your opinion, because I see you a lot in threads, and tend to think the same way as you, but in this case? With the Bled's history? You wanting to give them the benifet of the doubt because you like them is one thing, but don't blame other people for not doing the same. Not that I dont like the Bled, but it doesn't take a genius to spot this pattern.

we can agree to disagree buddy, I just think that their bassist was probably just an asshole that fucked them over. I didn't want you to give them anything but just wait to see what happend. I thought the thread would become a "oh geez bled and drama" type deal so I wasnt trying to single you out. sorry man.

but this thread is small like all threads today since Lydia is breaking up...

It wasn't any fault of the band's that Brad pulled a dick move. If they can replace three core members, they can replace a bassist. You guys act like a bassist of all things is going to keep a band from going on, despite the fact these dudes conquered a mountain of debt in a little over a year, replaced three members and went on to write a brilliant new album. It's going to take a lot more than losing a bassist for these guys to call it quits.

this.
02:44 PM on 05/11/10
ClydeMcAllister
facebook.com/agiftoffictionband
User Info.
So when are tryouts? After the tour?
02:54 PM on 05/11/10
truth or dare
don't just stare at it, eat it
User Info.
as long as they don't cancel the tour, i'm happy
04:55 PM on 05/11/10
Romancebled
Sleep underground tonight...
User Info.
Sucks that Brad is out. He has been really nice during the times that I've met him and I've always enjoyed his work ever since Versus The Mirror. If The Bled's statement about him is true, then that's a huge shame...
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests