AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Chase This City - The World On Our Side EP Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7.25
Musicianship 8
Lyrics 7.25
Production 7
Creativity 5
Lasting Value 8.5
Reviewer Tilt 8.5
Final Verdict: 74%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.
Inside AP.net

Chase This City - The World On Our Side EP

Reviewed by: aradiantsunrise (05/14/10)
Chase This CityThe World On Our Side EP
Record Label : None
Release Date: April 9, 2010

Who?

Chase This City are five guys from Chicago, Illinois that play pop punk music. A genre that’s hitting it big in music currently thanks to it’s front runners who don’t need to be name dropped here as their names are seen all over music and networking websites. Chase This City have just released a brand new EP The World On Our Side and it has everything it takes to become a future front runner of the genre. Big choruses, catchy hooks, relatable lyrics, and even some gang vocals here and there.

How is it?

The five-track EP’s opener ‘’Tuxedo Lazertag’’ displays just what this band is all about. An energetic instrumental introduction leading to Zach Keenum’s slightly nasally, but enjoyable vocals that fits right in with the tempo of the song. A fun, carefree vibe that remains consistent and cohesive throughout the EP, two things that are very important when it comes to pop punk, and well music in general. The tracks that tend to stand out are ‘’Tuxedo Lazertag’’, ‘’Rest of My Life’’, and ‘’Before We Get Older (Barry White)’’ but don’t stop there as the remaining two songs are also a great listen as well.

The World On Our Side EP is a perfect addition to the soundtrack of your summer. Whether it's listening to it at full blast in the car as your driving to school or work, hanging out by the pool, readying yourself for Warped Tour, annoying your too cool for school hipster friends that only listen to indie music, anything at all really. Expect big things from this band, the EP is just a small preview of what this band is really capable of doing.

Recommended If You LikeNew Found Glory, Hit the Lights, The Years Gone By, This Time Next Year, pop punk, enjoying life

Myspace

Displaying posts 1 - 7 of 7
06:46 AM on 05/21/10
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
Good band. I wish the review was a little more in depth in description of the band, but it forced me to listen so I guess it was perfect.
10:53 AM on 05/23/10
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
Good band. I wish the review was a little more in depth in description of the band, but it forced me to listen so I guess it was perfect.
I'll get better, haha.
11:01 AM on 05/23/10
JayBee420
Bright and Early
User Info.
I'd like to see more reviewers describe the best way to listen to the cd. Like for instance, Best if listen to while driving on a warm bright sunny day, windows down, loud as shit. OR, Best to listen to while angry. Or Drunk. Etc.

I'd also like to see reviews get more in depth in description of sound. The content should come down to the listen. I barely ever read reviews that are = to the excitement of the material.

Not bashing your review at all homie. Just seemed short and sweet, when this band could probably use a more in depth description.
11:09 AM on 05/23/10
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
I'd like to see more reviewers describe the best way to listen to the cd. Like for instance, Best if listen to while driving on a warm bright sunny day, windows down, loud as shit. OR, Best to listen to while angry. Or Drunk. Etc.

I'd also like to see reviews get more in depth in description of sound. The content should come down to the listen. I barely ever read reviews that are = to the excitement of the material.

Not bashing your review at all homie. Just seemed short and sweet, when this band could probably use a more in depth description.
I could do that. I don't drink or anything though so I'm not sure how on point I'd be about that.

I try to describe the sound well but I hate using the same words over and over, just something I need to work on.

It's cool man, I appreciate it actually. It only helps me to get better at writing so thank you.
08:38 PM on 10/12/10
ZachCTC
Accept the pain, always forgive.
User Info.
I could do that. I don't drink or anything though so I'm not sure how on point I'd be about that.

I try to describe the sound well but I hate using the same words over and over, just something I need to work on.

It's cool man, I appreciate it actually. It only helps me to get better at writing so thank you.
Hey man! I dunno how I didn't see this until now, but this is a pretty concise and kind review. Thanks for the good words man. PM me and I'll tell you what's up with the band lately. I can't believe this has been up since May and I just saw it just now. Haha.
08:40 PM on 10/12/10
aradiantsunrise
i get what i want
User Info.
Hey man! I dunno how I didn't see this until now, but this is a pretty concise and kind review. Thanks for the good words man. PM me and I'll tell you what's up with the band lately. I can't believe this has been up since May and I just saw it just now. Haha.
Ah, not a problem dude! Haha. Will do.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News