Username
Password

07:31 PM on 06/14/09 
User Info.
Charles777
Feeling groovy
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
I happened to stumble upon the pride parade last night. People were yelling things at them and it disgusted me.
08:20 PM on 06/14/09 
User Info.
saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
Albany NY
Male - 24 Years Old
http://www.americablog.com/2009/06/t...says-enda.html
This is truly disgusting in my opinion.
06:34 AM on 06/15/09 
User Info.
Mercy Medical
Semi-retired
York, PA
Female - 30 Years Old
http://thinkprogress.org/2009/06/11/...fox-news-lgbt/

Now create me if I'm wrong, God made humans in his image and they are considered his best and brightest creation. But these penguins were made this way, to be gay, but humans make the choice? That defies genetics and science.
Well, penguins being less superior beings then us, obvious do not have the ability to make choices nor do they have a conscious. They can't help who they are! GOSH!
12:10 PM on 06/16/09 
User Info.
Machu505
yep
New Haven CT
Male - 19 Years Old
A marriage equality bill has been introduced in Pennsylvania.
01:10 PM on 06/16/09 
User Info.
Charles777
Feeling groovy
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
That's awesome. And Dennis Miller is a douche.
01:13 PM on 06/16/09 
User Info.
Machu505
yep
New Haven CT
Male - 19 Years Old
It probably won't succeed though.
01:24 PM on 06/16/09 
User Info.
Charles777
Feeling groovy
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
I think it will.
01:25 PM on 06/16/09 
User Info.
Mercy Medical
Semi-retired
York, PA
Female - 30 Years Old
A marriage equality bill has been introduced in Pennsylvania.
Yea, from what I hear that is going to get pushed back because they have the budget to worry about right now. There is a competing bill that would create a constitutional amendment making marriage exclusively between a man and woman. Both bills have been introduced before and neither have passed. I expect the same this time around.
01:29 PM on 06/16/09 
User Info.
Machu505
yep
New Haven CT
Male - 19 Years Old
In your Senate, the Republican have a 60/40 majority and in the House, the Democrats have only a small majority. And it's, well... Pennsylvania.
01:29 PM on 06/16/09 
User Info.
Mercy Medical
Semi-retired
York, PA
Female - 30 Years Old
Go here and count the number of Democrats then count the number of Republicans...
01:40 PM on 06/16/09 
User Info.
Mercy Medical
Semi-retired
York, PA
Female - 30 Years Old
Has anyone been paying attention to what went on with that DOMA brief? I only really paid attention to it today when someone posted a link on twitter which then directed me to this article...

Quote:
We just got the brief from reader Lavi Soloway. It's pretty despicable, and gratuitously homophobic. It reads as if it were written by one of George Bush's top political appointees. I cannot state strongly enough how damaging this brief is to us. Obama didn't just argue a technicality about the case, he argued that DOMA is reasonable. That DOMA is constitutional. That DOMA wasn't motivated by any anti-gay animus. He argued why our Supreme Court victories in Roemer and Lawrence shouldn't be interpreted to give us rights in any other area (which hurts us in countless other cases and battles). He argued that DOMA doesn't discriminate against us because it also discriminates about straight unmarried couples (ignoring the fact that they can get married and we can't).

I'm not quite sure how I missed all of this the past few days, but HOLY SHIT. I didn't read the entire article because it was rather lengthy, but my jaw has honestly dropped. Now, I doubt that Obama has actually read this (maybe not doubt, but hope), but it still infuriates me that something like this comes from an administration that has constantly proclaimed it was a friend to the LGBT community and it would fight for our rights. It feels like betrayal. As part of the LGBT community, I feel completely lied to yet again. Clinton did this before when he signed DOMA into law. I will continue to feel betrayed and lied to until something is said or done about this. Large donors such as the HRC have pulled out of the DNC gay fundraiser in protest.

The briefing itself sounds like Dr. James Dobson himself wrote it. The little I have read is actually quite disgusting.
01:46 PM on 06/16/09 
User Info.
Praetor
as we melt, let's make no noise.
Male - 21 Years Old
Not that disgusting, in my opinion. Comparing homosexuality to pedophilia sounds like the work of a rational mind.
01:52 PM on 06/16/09 
User Info.
Charles777
Feeling groovy
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
Good point.

Edit: That was for the two dudes that quoted me.
01:57 PM on 06/16/09 
User Info.
Mercy Medical
Semi-retired
York, PA
Female - 30 Years Old
Not that disgusting, in my opinion. Comparing homosexuality to pedophilia sounds like the work of a rational mind.
I sincerely hope that is sarcasm, but judging by other posts I've seen from you, I assume that it is. Haha

Good point.

Edit: That was for the two dudes that quoted me.
I have a vagina...
02:00 PM on 06/16/09 
User Info.
Charles777
Feeling groovy
Pittsburgh, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
I sincerely hope that is sarcasm, but judging by other posts I've seen from you, I assume that it is. Haha

I have a vagina...
Damn, I'm sorry. I usually judge that kind of thing by avatar. Again, I'm sorry, hahaha

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos