Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 37
08:03 AM on 05/18/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Can't believe I'm doing this to you again, but did you mean "Somali-Canadian rapper K'Naan"? Just making sure haha.

Good review, Greg, as per yoozsh. I've always liked Keane, and "predictable" piano-rock, but stepping out into new horizons is always good.
Of course I did. And don't be ashamed. I'm glad you're being such a good copy-editor. Everyone knows Canadra isn't a country. Thanks!
08:04 AM on 05/18/10
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
Of course I did. And don't be ashamed. I'm glad you're being such a good copy-editor. Everyone knows Canadra isn't a country. Thanks!
Yeah, I hear you, but I've always hated correcting people, but it's just something that I have to bring up, you know? I'm weird. Sorry about that.
08:06 AM on 05/18/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
This site rates everything so high. If every album gets a score between 80 and 90 how can you tell what's worth listening to. The only time this site is critical on anything is when it's so obviously terrible (neon crunkcore whatever) that it wouldn't matter what review they gave it.

Am I alone here?
I'm one of the most generous reviewers on this site, and while I admit few things get below a 60 from me, I don't really see the knock on this score. In the end, I just tally up the ratings points and it comes out to what it comes out. This disc is far better than just an 80 or an 82, and it's not exactly a 90 either. There's only one really horrific song, and it's not even that intolerable, just confusing. I'm sorry you don't see that. Maybe in time you will.
08:16 AM on 05/18/10
Craig Manning
Down in Jungleland
User Info.
Giving this a listen right now, and it's just not doing it for me. Chaplin's voice seems curiously restrained throughout, and none of the songs ever really take off. There's something I want when I listen to Keane that they've mostly strayed away from on these past 2 albums and while I respect them for wanting them to progress and expand on their sound, I'm just not all that interested in tagging along anymore.
08:42 AM on 05/18/10
ThisIsNotDan
User Info.
I think piano pop-rock is my kryptonite...I'm a sucker for it. anywho Hopes & Fears is such a great great album but I haven't heard anything from this
09:40 AM on 05/18/10
WhoSaidThat?
twitter.com/TiredOfSeth
User Info.
Great review, Greg. This is one of my favorite EPs of the year thus far.

Also, hate to be that guy, but Perfect Symmetry came out in '08.
10:06 AM on 05/18/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Great review, Greg. This is one of my favorite EPs of the year thus far.

Also, hate to be that guy, but Perfect Symmetry came out in '08.
Ya know, I had a feeling it did, but I went with 2009. So, thank you for pointing that out. Will be sure to fix that. And thanks for the kind words.
10:49 AM on 05/18/10
Memphis
Eight miles high and falling fast
User Info.
i remember when Hopes and Fears was 1st released, fuckin Hit after Hit, might check this out because of those great memories
well, expect this to be a lot different...
10:55 AM on 05/18/10
Memphis
Eight miles high and falling fast
User Info.
This site rates everything so high. If every album gets a score between 80 and 90 how can you tell what's worth listening to. The only time this site is critical on anything is when it's so obviously terrible (neon crunkcore whatever) that it wouldn't matter what review they gave it.

Am I alone here?
no, you're not, I completely agree...
01:30 PM on 05/18/10
dtrzcin
Choose thyself!
User Info.
I'm not sure who's who, but I'm pretty sure the lead singer never played the piano.
01:56 PM on 05/18/10
rsk423
User Info.
Thank you for at least being constructive on this review. So many reviews on this EP have been horrible and stated simply that if rap is meshed with piano rock that they simply will not listen. Glad to see you are embracing what Keane is trying to do. I love when artists wish to be unique and push barriers from what they thought they had to do.
02:10 PM on 05/18/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
I'm not sure who's who, but I'm pretty sure the lead singer never played the piano.
Point out where I mentioned the vocalist (Chaplin) played the piano and I will be more than glad to omit that. I don't think I wrote that he did, but I could be mistaken.
02:12 PM on 05/18/10
dtrzcin
Choose thyself!
User Info.
Point out where I mentioned the vocalist (Chaplin) played the piano and I will be more than glad to omit that. I don't think I wrote that he did, but I could be mistaken.
2008's Perfect Symmetry was a step away from the piano-laden past, as Tom Chaplin stepped away from the piano, songwriter Tim Rice-Oxley added bass to the muslcal landscape and ample amounts of splashy synths dotted the record.
02:38 PM on 05/18/10
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Still haven't listened to this. My girlfriend is in love with Keane and got me into them a few years ago. Last album went in a cool direction, so I'm interested to see where this goes. From the sound of it, it's continuing to branch off in a rad direction. Good for them.
02:48 PM on 05/18/10
twokidtech
title
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I listened to Perfect Symmetry right after it came out and I couldn't get into it... I should give it another listen since people are saying it's good
As for this EP, I heard "Stop for a Minute" and didn't like it that much but I haven't heard anything else so I'll also try that

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos