AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 30
01:56 PM on 05/18/10
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
There debut wasn't awful, so I may give this a listen. Solid review.
02:07 PM on 05/18/10
radxbandit
i don't know
User Info.
was there ever any resolve to that "back to go again" event?
02:45 PM on 05/18/10
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Haha I like the RIYL
04:59 PM on 05/18/10
more heart
Get Hurt
User Info.
this is one of those bands that appeal to the meatheads that listen seether, 3 doors down and breaking benjamin haha. can't stand this kinda music.
That's exactly how I feel haha
10:02 PM on 05/20/10
Deejford
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Their first album was actually decent. This one just completely comes off as a band trying too hard to stay on the radio. Why do rock bands insist upon writing cheesy pop punk songs? As a semi-legitimate question why did this even get a 6 for creativity?
04:57 AM on 05/21/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Thanks dude.
04:58 AM on 05/21/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Their first album was actually decent. This one just completely comes off as a band trying too hard to stay on the radio. Why do rock bands insist upon writing cheesy pop punk songs? As a semi-legitimate question why did this even get a 6 for creativity?
As is widely documented on this site, I am one of the more generous reviewers out there. Certainly this could have gotten a four for creativity, but I just don't have it in me to rip it apart that badly. This isn't unlistenable. It's just a bit trite.
05:48 AM on 05/25/10
catherinexhimel
Liebe ist alles was wir brauchen.
User Info.
I'm excited for this album, because I really liked The Moment.
01:25 PM on 05/26/10
FHfan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Their "cheesy pop punk songs" mean something. They write every single one of their songs, and they write them about their life, and things they have gone through. I assume the people on this website are the only ones who think of them to be so awful considering the DAY their new album, A Promise To Burn, came out it hir #12 top OVERALL records on iTunes. Guess you have no taste in music, and you have to get with the program. It's 2010, you have to listen to what is liked by the population now, not what was "in" in 1999.
12:17 PM on 05/28/10
SingMeInsomnia
Because I can.
User Info.
Their Lollipop cover is pretty great.
07:16 AM on 05/29/10
Deejford
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Their "cheesy pop punk songs" mean something. They write every single one of their songs, and they write them about their life, and things they have gone through. I assume the people on this website are the only ones who think of them to be so awful considering the DAY their new album, A Promise To Burn, came out it hir #12 top OVERALL records on iTunes. Guess you have no taste in music, and you have to get with the program. It's 2010, you have to listen to what is liked by the population now, not what was "in" in 1999.

What a song is written about and the genre it falls in are two completely different things. I think you misinterpret what I'm saying when I say I think they are trying too hard to be on the radio. Although there are plenty of good bands that are also popular, not every popular release of a band is good.
07:12 AM on 06/02/10
FHfan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What a song is written about and the genre it falls in are two completely different things. I think you misinterpret what I'm saying when I say I think they are trying too hard to be on the radio. Although there are plenty of good bands that are also popular, not every popular release of a band is good.

They definitely don't try to hard to be on the radio, you can trust me on that. They have performed shows with: Theory of a Deadman, Cave, Saving Abel, and Saturday they will be performing with Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. They don't have to try hard, a lot of people like them, and their music.
09:34 AM on 06/13/10
the seventeenth
level 71 community member
User Info.
Their Lollipop cover is pretty great.
Yes, yes it is.
10:23 PM on 07/23/10
SSGW
Sutton
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I thought this was a good Cd. I wasn't a big fan of their first. This is a big step forward for them. I can't wait to hear whatever comes next for them!
05:25 AM on 02/11/12
InfiniteArms
Foreign everywhere I've been
User Info.
this is one of those bands that appeal to the meatheads that listen seether, 3 doors down and breaking benjamin haha. can't stand this kinda music.
Old thread but oh well.

I listen to this band and I listen to Deaf Havana, NGHBRS, Young Guns, The Blackout, Lostprophets, Francesqa, and such.

Just thought I'd point that out.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version