AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 16
Displaying posts 225 - 240 of 349.
01:47 PM on 05/20/10
rtesta05
User Info.
What can we expect from the SSPU tour? I'm going to the NJ show and wanna know if it'll be a good mix of old (Pre-SFAFC) and new or just a focus on the amazing White Crosses.
lostintheair
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The show was a blast. I wish the show had been all ages, it sucks there isn't any all ages venues there. I also was worried it wasn't going to be a great turn out because of that but it ended being great.
indeed it sucks, and i thank you for not letting it stop you from coming, it seems to stop most bands
gzus h. casas
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Tom,

Please dont fuck up the Vivida Vis thing. I'm not saying don't do it. I blew toast in my pants when i read about it. I'm just saying don't go and have Beyonce do vocals on This is Control or something. Capiche? We'll make a deal. The oldschool-against-me-loving "haters" will shut the fuck up once and for all if you just do it right. C'mon. We never had good recordings of that shit and our live-memories have faded...
SMLepore
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Your songs tell stories and paint such vivid pictures, especially with "Spanish Moss" and "White Crosses" on this record. Ever thought about writing a novel or a movie?
jucker89
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Whats some songs on your ipod that your embarrassed to say you listen to?
01:48 PM on 05/20/10
kirbs84
True Punk Fan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Originally Posted by tommygabel
It wouldn't be the first time they bit our style.

Perhaps I'm reading this the wrong way, but it sounds as if you're not too pleased about this?
_anna_
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
do you prefer being called tommy?
what was your song of the day?
sidekicksuicide
these are not just mountains
User Info.
Tom, I'm a design nerd obsessed with album art. I love all the stuff that Chris Norris/Steak Mtn. has done for Against Me! How much input have you had with the art stuff or do you just let him run wild and do what he does best?
Bamboo Bones
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What do you think of Madonna's new stuff?

And if you have an acoustic version of Because of the Shame, please could you release it?
tommygabel
Against Me! / Tommy
User Info.
Hey Tom,In West Philadelphia born and raised, on a playground is where i spent most of my days. Chillin out maxin and relaxin all cool and shootin some b-ball outside the school. When a couple of guys they were up to no good started making trouble in my neighborhood. I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said your movin with your auntie and uncle in bel air.
I like Will Smith's older stuff, the demo's. He kind of sold out with the whole Fresh Prince thing.
01:49 PM on 05/20/10
allykoalibear
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What's on your bucket list that you haven't already accomplished?
#1 on mine is to swing on a massive chandelier! :D
Ari Christos
blowin on that endo
User Info.
Franny and Zooey by J.D. Salinger

Oh hey I read this for my senior research project. Ended up being one of my favorite books. I love Salinger. Who are some of your favorite authors?
viewinblack
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Tom,

Please dont fuck up the Vivida Vis thing. I'm not saying don't do it. I blew toast in my pants when i read about it. I'm just saying don't go and have Beyonce do vocals on This is Control or something. Capiche? We'll make a deal. The oldschool-against-me-loving "haters" will shut the fuck up once and for all if you just do it right. C'mon. We never had good recordings of that shit and our live-memories have faded...
I second that.
loserk18
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Where'd you get that sweet all-black Rickenbacker? Also, what amps do you use?
tommygabel
Against Me! / Tommy
User Info.
What do you think of Madonna's new stuff?

And if you have an acoustic version of Because of the Shame, please could you release it?
I thought Hard Candy was almost unlistenable. Especially the Pharell produced stuff. I loved Confessions though.
I did record an acoustic version of "Shame", not sure when it's coming out but it will.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS