AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Time Low News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 315.
01:41 PM on 05/24/10
blinkATL-182
User Info.
anyone realize theirs an interview? and that the quote was in a description and most likely wasnt said by the band?
01:42 PM on 05/24/10
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
And here comes 100+ responses hating on All Time Low.
01:43 PM on 05/24/10
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I could defend back then why I found Blink to be enticing - it was juvenile, but at times hard hitting on an emotional level, the songs were simple but even at that age had me thinking of who I am and what the future holds. It sounds silly but it was the truth for me.

All Time Low to me is nothing special. Good musicianship, vocals, etc., but the lyrics are subpar at best and the records reek of over production. I got more emotion from seeing them live with Mayday than I ever heard on a record from them. I always wish it was Mayday with Jason that got this big over All Time Low. I felt they really took that power pop genre to its limit, such great song writing on A Lesson in Romantics. I met a girl whose favorite band was All Time Low, I showed her some Circa, The Receiving End of Sirens, Go Radio, and oodles of other bands...I don't think All Time Low is her favorite band anymore. -shrug-. There's potential but there's not much substance imo.
Yeah, but you were less mature then. There are people that think All Time Low speak to them the same way Blink did for you. You're 19 now (according to your profile)...what you thought about Blink was probably at the latest (since the self-titled came out in 2003) when you were 13 years old. 13 years old and 19 years old are completely different mindsets. Don't blame All Time Low if you think they're juvenile...Blink was just as juvenile.
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
This is very true.

Looks to me like ATL could be the band set to take the "crown" from Fall Out Boy.

I'd rather it go to ATL than some of the other "pop-punk" bands out there. Kinda wished Cartel got a little more love from the mainstream though.
I am perfectly okay with All Time Low being in the spotlight. As for Cartel there new single was on top 40 radio the other day when I was surfing through the channels.
jonskinny12
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Go back ten years and people were laughing at Blink the same way you're all laughing at ATL.
I wanna fight this point so bad, but I can't because you're right. I think a lot of the people saying this is bull shit are doing so because ATL hasn't accomplished what Blink has. But I think they will, or come close. That being said, I don't really like ATL.
01:44 PM on 05/24/10
Jason Tate
User Info.
I am perfectly okay with All Time Low being in the spotlight. As for Cartel there new single was on top 40 radio the other day when I was surfing through the channels.
Good for them.

I think "Faster Ride" from Cycles could be a big hit.
01:44 PM on 05/24/10
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Yeah, but you were less mature then. There are people that think All Time Low speak to them the same way Blink did for you. You're 19 now (according to your profile)...what you thought about Blink was probably at the latest (since the self-titled came out in 2003) when you were 13 years old. 13 years old and 19 years old are completely different mindsets. Don't blame All Time Low if you think they're juvenile...Blink was just as juvenile.
and Mark would most likely defend All Time Low as being the new Blink-182 whole heartedly.
01:45 PM on 05/24/10
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
I wanna fight this point so bad, but I can't because you're right. I think a lot of the people saying this is bull shit are doing so because ATL hasn't accomplished what Blink has. But I think they will, or come close. That being said, I don't really like ATL.
and music is drastically different then it was just from when Blink it hit the scene. At least you're optimistic for ATL even though you're not a fan.
01:45 PM on 05/24/10
Sheluligans
Focus on the horizon.
User Info.
01:46 PM on 05/24/10
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
I never claimed ATL was juvenile (and if I did it had no negative connotation), I claimed they lacked substance in their music (and I'll be the first to admit I thought "Champagne" was a damn catchy tune). I think you can easily have both (Your Favorite Weapon and TAYF come to mind, hell I didn't get into Fall Out Boy's "Take This To Your Grave" until last fall and I love it). I still like plenty of music in the vein of All Time Low, and I think they're hard working guys, and if 80% of bands as good as them got the same amount of spotlight I'd be okay with that. But they don't, so I'm not. But anyone can say "x band is too popular when x bands are way better and deserve it", so I guess what I'm saying means nothing.

That being said, Blink was never my favorite band, and a good amount of people I've met who say Blink is their favorite band don't know a lot about all kinds of music that's out there - so I guess that's what happens with mainstream sometimes. Blink and ATL are both examples of bands that strive under mainstream and kind of 'underground' (I know, what a terrible term) spotlight (I don't know what you'd call users here and other sites without sounding pretentious so I just said underground...let's just call them "music lovers") . So maybe the comparison isn't so far off. I think I just argued with myself and your point came out on top. XD. I still don't know what ATL will change five or ten years down the road...but I guess I'll see if I was wrong by then.
01:46 PM on 05/24/10
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is very true.

Looks to me like ATL could be the band set to take the "crown" from Fall Out Boy.

I'd rather it go to ATL than some of the other "pop-punk" bands out there. Kinda wished Cartel got a little more love from the mainstream though.
Should have been Cartel. All Time Low looked most likely to take the crown, but I thought they'd get huge massive exposure from the last album and that never happened (how, again?). Maybe the next album will be their Cork Tree, but the music industry is a whole different place now and All Time Low isn't the underground "secret" Fall Out Boy was anymore. Say Anything could have had it and were certainly on their way with "Wow I Can Get Sexual Too."

Paramore's got the crown now.
01:47 PM on 05/24/10
saysmydoctor
Resident New Yorker
User Info.

I guess I would maybe be offended by the title if I liked either band.
Anton Djamoos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Good for them.

I think "Faster Ride" from Cycles could be a big hit.
I hear "The Perfect Mistake" on the radio sometimes. That's always cool.
jonskinny12
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
and music is drastically different then it was just from when Blink it hit the scene. At least you're optimistic for ATL even though you're not a fan.
I don't want to be optimistic for them, haha. But I see what they're doing and I think they do a really great job at it. In a genre of music that is overly generic, they stand out just like Blink did when they were at the same point in their career.
01:48 PM on 05/24/10
Clark
Dirk Nowitzki's Beard
User Info.
An insult.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives