AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 52
05:22 PM on 09/14/06
alltoyou
User Info.
no no no see he did it all backwards. see he "retired" from being a rapper to a day job. and thats all effed up, your suppose to "retire" from a day job to a rap career. i thought everyone knew that!
05:25 PM on 09/14/06
Melissa Johnson
True Punk Fan
User Info.
Rap sucks. Get it off this site. Now.
Some of our readers enjoy rap. It's diversity. I don't go out of my way to listen to it myself, but there IS good rap/hiphop out there if you look hard enough. Start a search for it. You might find something you like.
05:36 PM on 09/14/06
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Take off your blinders.
ive seen him twice he was fucking awesomeeeeeee ...this cd will be the best rap cd out this year
Don't forget Nas and Talib Kweli are releasing new ones, those will be contenders.
05:40 PM on 09/14/06
concretedetail
User Info.
j hova is allah.
07:16 PM on 09/14/06
WarpSpeedChewy
You know Elvis had a twin brother?
User Info.
I think the word retire needs to be retired.

But chances are it would come back too.
07:49 PM on 09/14/06
jeremywjmf
User Info.
"when i come back like jordan/wearin the 4-5/its aint to play games with you/its to aim at you/now im blowin you to smithereens/cocksucker take one for the team/and i need you to remember one thing/i came, i saw, i conquered/record sales and sold out concerts/so if you want me to perform this encore/i need you to scream til your lungs get sore."

ive been screamin since the black album dropped.
08:20 PM on 09/14/06
xearlynovemberx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

why dont you just stop posting you stupid fuck
08:32 PM on 09/14/06
overitsi22
User Info.
this better be better than the black album, that is the only jay-z album i bought, and i didnt like it at all.....cant wait for the new talib kweli though...
10:32 PM on 09/14/06
homicide hearts
User Info.
jay-z plus chris martin.... genius....

cant wait to hear that track...
10:43 PM on 09/14/06
Zeran
Vampire
User Info.
good for him
12:37 AM on 09/15/06
TheBaroness
User Info.
it better be good.
06:49 AM on 09/15/06
Chevy114
User Info.
Remember when Ja Rule was going to retire then he made another album because he had "too much on his mind." Maybe jay-z has stuff on his mind like how shitty his label is and how he had to get split with damon the guy who found the only talent (Kayne) on the label. At least he has a hott g/f, an nba team, and a hp computer.

P.S. Nas is still going to be better than j.
07:50 AM on 09/15/06
Ambulance X
Where's ambulance Y?
User Info.
why dont you just stop posting you stupid fuck

Because I'm here to enlighten you, and to teach you something about reality. Fact: Rap is noise pollution. And what's worse...it takes no talent whatsoever, so any clown off the street can do it. This is quite problematic, as it yields an explosion of garbage that eventually makes it to my ears one way or another despite my best efforts to prevent it. Thus, it concerns me. Wake up. A shitty simplistic electronically synthesized beat, and someone speaking in rhythm over it does not constitute art, or music. It's simply an abomination, and a perversion of culture.
08:11 AM on 09/15/06
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
I'm interested in hearing that Chris Martin-produced track.

Jay-Z is most definitely not the greatest rapper, but he is just so arrogant and cocky with everything he does that I can't help but enjoy him.
08:12 AM on 09/15/06
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
Because I'm here to enlighten you, and to teach you something about reality. Fact: Rap is noise pollution. And what's worse...it takes no talent whatsoever, so any clown off the street can do it. This is quite problematic, as it yields an explosion of garbage that eventually makes it to my ears one way or another despite my best efforts to prevent it. Thus, it concerns me. Wake up. A shitty simplistic electronically synthesized beat, and someone speaking in rhythm over it does not constitute art, or music. It's simply an abomination, and a perversion of culture.
"I gotta pull up my boots real high because the bullshit is getting thicker."

- Richard Pryor, The Toy

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests