AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Fightstar News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Pledge Fightstar Music

Posted by - 12:08 AM on 05/26/10
Charlie Simpson of Fightstar has put up a pledge music page. You can pledge and buy cool things that he has up for offer. Part of the sales money goes towards Breast Cancer Research. This is also the only way to buy a physical copy of his solo album.

Submitted by metallikunt

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
12:25 AM on 05/26/10
cereal4life
User Info.
That news was submitted by the guy with the coolest username on AP!
12:30 AM on 05/26/10
VeryWittyName
User Info.
I'm tempted...
01:37 AM on 05/26/10
CLARIFY THIS
--
User Info.
Some of the bigger stuff is selling pretty fast. This is a very cool way to do things, I'll at the very least order a physical copy of the record
02:01 AM on 05/26/10
ssbsts1988
Freelance Graphic Designer
User Info.
The thorns demo was great, so i ordered the cd!
03:18 AM on 05/26/10
Kobrakai09
Yeah, this is love.
User Info.
aaaah, £2000 for a house concert. would totally do that, if only i was rich.
04:25 AM on 05/26/10
Simo FS
Fightstar / Charlie
User Info.
My sincere gratitude to everybody that has made a pledge thus far. It's had an incredible amount of support already. This is the perfect way for you as fans to get involved and for us all to share something really special. You're all part of this with me. I certainly wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for the support and kindness of you all. Thank you so much, and thank you enormously for helping Breast Cancer Research.

Hoping for a September/October release, guys!
Thank you all again. Cx
04:48 AM on 05/26/10
symbiote28
Be Human
User Info.
when is the album release tentatively?
07:23 AM on 05/26/10
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
Lokin forward to it.
07:38 AM on 05/26/10
sooperdoodey
User Info.
Never listened to Fightstar, they sound alright though. And this is a really cool idea. I like how more bands recently have been finding cool ways to make money in a way other than just selling CDs.
07:53 AM on 05/26/10
metallikunt
This Don't Look Like LAX
User Info.
That news was submitted by the guy with the coolest username on AP!
Why thank you haha.
08:05 AM on 05/26/10
Roboman
Don't Mind If I Didn't
User Info.
My sincere gratitude to everybody that has made a pledge thus far. It's had an incredible amount of support already. This is the perfect way for you as fans to get involved and for us all to share something really special. You're all part of this with me. I certainly wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for the support and kindness of you all. Thank you so much, and thank you enormously for helping Breast Cancer Research.

Thank you all again. Cx
Great to see that someone else likes Reverie Sound Revue! More people should. And this is a good idea!
08:17 AM on 05/26/10
Jasper112
Registered Member
User Info.

Thank you all again. Cx
Ordered a physical copy. Very curious about the songs and great that ur supporting cancer research.
12:44 AM on 05/27/10
Broden Terry
I'm glad I built myself an igloo
User Info.
I think I'll just grab a signed physical copy
03:02 AM on 05/27/10
Simo FS
Fightstar / Charlie
User Info.
when is the album release tentatively?

At the moment there's no precise release date, but I'm hopefully aiming for a September/October release at the latest. I'll be sure to involve you guys every step of the way! I'm thinking of uploading another demo soon. What do you guys think?

Thank you all so much once again for your overwhelming support and positive responses! I just want to clarify that although it hasn't officially been finalised presently, the PRS SE guitar that is still available will most likely be the very same guitar that was used during the filming of the Never Change video. For those of you who have bought the handwritten lyrics sheets, I'll be writing every word on parchment paper in an attempt to make them look like fifteenth century scrolls which should look awesome!

Guys, just one more thing, I sincerely promise that regardless of how this project is perceived commercially, this is not the end of Fightstar. We'll be back in 2011 with a new record for you all.
Cx

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version