Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 26 of 26
03:22 PM on 05/26/10
k1guitar
Keep calm and BLEGH!
User Info.
i got the greatest hits cd when i was 13 from my dad because i was head nod-ing to vasoline. even tho its technically a comp, its one of my favorite "albums" ever. cant wait to jam this.
04:48 PM on 05/26/10
yutsmcgee
Penis
User Info.
I'm loving it, a fun summer driving record.
This. It's been in my car CD player since I bought it yesterday morning. Great disc to roll down the windows and blast.
04:54 PM on 05/26/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Still so humbled by my likeness being used in the first paragraph. So thanks for that. Oh and yeah, no way in Hades I'd beat you in checkers. As for this album, your sentiments are mine exactly. Oh the days when "Plush," rocked my world, etc. Now it's just like, "Am I really that old?"
05:06 PM on 05/26/10
Degausser156
User Info.
Listening to this album is like having an old friend back you haven't seen in a long time. Good album Maver is probably my fav on the first couple listens.

One other thing to think about too is that a new album means STP live soon! Out of the 100's of bands I have seen live in my lifetime, STP has been and probably always will be in my top 5. They are truly amazing live!
05:33 PM on 05/26/10
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Still so humbled by my likeness being used in the first paragraph. So thanks for that. Oh and yeah, no way in Hades I'd beat you in checkers. As for this album, your sentiments are mine exactly. Oh the days when "Plush," rocked my world, etc. Now it's just like, "Am I really that old?"
Kind of funny how we tend to think that when a band like this comes along. Yet I don't feel that with Pearl Jam, who have obviously been around just as long (okay, a bit longer). Maybe it's just the fact they're reuniting and you sort of forget about them for awhile. Interesting how our minds do that to us haha
05:52 PM on 05/26/10
Sloth7
Eat Snickers, Leave Garbage
User Info.
STP have never made a bad album as far as I'm concerned. I love their "rockier" classics, but when they tend to embrace poppier alt rock with hints of new wave, that seems to be a pretty strong suit for them. Looking forward to this for sure, but not really digging that album cover.
09:20 PM on 05/26/10
kneifelspy
She never sleeps.
User Info.
Wonderful review, I think you captured the feeling of this record even existing pretty well!
07:52 PM on 05/28/10
UpperNinety
Aretha Franklin's Hat
User Info.
the cd to me was a bit disappointing
12:38 AM on 05/30/10
Ron57
Donuts R Us
User Info.
jesus man, how do you enjoy the music that you have if you listen to at least 50 new records a year?! You're not a music reviewer are you???
Looking at my iTunes...I've gotten about 15 FULL new albums in the past month. Not including some scattered songs I didn't think were worthy enough to get the entire album for.

I think some people, if like me, are just that interested in new music, or music in general.
05:27 PM on 05/30/10
Hagysaurus Rex
We yell like hell to the heavens.
User Info.
jesus man, how do you enjoy the music that you have if you listen to at least 50 new records a year?! You're not a music reviewer are you???

haha not so much. I was lucky enough to have a job where I could listen to music at work. That couple with www.lala.com (which is getting shut down, sadly) meant that I went through tons of albums. I'll spin ANYTHING once, but the stuff I really love I end up going back to over and over.
11:29 AM on 06/04/10
Rachel Kohn
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've always enjoyed the Stone Temple Pilots and I'm going to check this album out. Great review!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos