AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review

Down To Earth Approach - Another Intervention Album Cover

Down To Earth Approach - Another Intervention

Reviewed by
Down to Earth Approach was a band that found its way into my heart just at the right time in my life (right before I started college two years ago). I was in the mood for something fresh and pop oriented, and really their debut release Another Intervention does just that. It's a delightfully upbeat selection of songs that lyrically have no point. I will be the first to admit, I love this band, absolutely love them, however the lyrics to me are just so all over the place that finding coherence to them is almost seemingly impossible. An example? Alright. From track 6, "Books on Tape": Your face in a book, are you reading it over? Or are you stealing glances? Its 90 degrees, could you swim like an athlete away from sharks in waiting? Sorry, but to me the lyrics make absolutely little sense. In that track its starts off cohesive and then its on to something completely different by the end of it.

However, that is the strange thing about Down to Earth Approach. They are not trying to win you over with their lyrics. They are simply trying to make music that is fun to throw into the cd player for a late night drive and supply such an energy rush that is just so good that you don't mind the lyrics and their lack of cohesiveness. But because of the lyrics, I can maybe see why these guys may not be for everyone, though I definetly suggest checking them out if you haven't yet and are into pop rock. Listening to their old stuff again has me very excited to hear what the future holds from these guys (who happen to be some of the nicest guys around).

The standout tracks in my opinion are "Triple Black" and "All We Have", though its safe to say the whole album is gold, it's just a little tarnished, but I feel that if it grows on you you will find that you won't mind and that its just as bright as any other album in the pop rock category to have dropped in the last 2 years. I cannot say I dislike any tracks on the album, though some of them have gotten old for me.

So really, the take home message here is, if you are into pop rock and you are looking for something new to try, give these guys a chance as there is a great chance you may fall in love with them, whether that be for a while or simply on a short whim. They are worthy of your time and your hearing.
This review is a user submitted review from Saves The Night. You can see all of Saves The Night's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 12 of 12
08:43 AM on 09/20/06
a speedo model
an enthusiast
User Info.
i still need to get this album. i've only heard one or two songs, i liked them though...
05:28 AM on 09/21/06
justinius23
User Info.
best song on this album is definitely 'honey and vinegar'

"let's call it what it is.
and what it is, is dead to me....."
02:12 PM on 09/21/06
Saves The Night
AP's Resident STD Fan
User Info.
best song on this album is definitely 'honey and vinegar'

"let's call it what it is.
and what it is, is dead to me....."
true, but after listening to the slower acoustic version of the song, I have to consider it better.
05:09 AM on 09/22/06
BELIEVEINDERRIK
User Info.
what about We're Sleeping, and living rooms. ahh so good
11:46 PM on 09/23/06
cubz84
Serial Kisser
User Info.
eh, this album is ok. they blow live, though. when i saw them, they were completely trashed and could barely finish the set. it would have been the worst 14 bucks i ever spent, but the audition came on afterwards and owned.

and btw, "lights" is easily the best track on this record.
07:03 AM on 09/24/06
goodarmcindy
I've hated airports ever since...
User Info.
triple black is the greatest song on the album by a country mile, but it's a really good album, which actually works as an album rather than just say 5 good songs and 6 fillers, they all work really well
CINDY
10:30 PM on 09/25/06
bobby runs
I dunno
User Info.
both times ive seen them they were great. thats what made me get into them.
11:42 PM on 09/26/06
thelimbeckband
User Info.
this record is fucken great!! i cant wait for them to drop their new shit. Good Dudes too!
01:51 AM on 10/14/06
Chris Fallon
Boom.
User Info.
Love this album.
10:13 AM on 10/27/06
JonathanDTEA
User Info.
thanks for all the nice comments guys. you all made my day. and sorry to the dude who thought we were too drunk... it's happens! :)
10:45 AM on 05/23/13
mattjritter
USMNT ♦ AVFC
User Info.
Album is so damn good.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT