Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 54
11:00 AM on 06/06/10
USFJake
Tired of the pictures in the words
User Info.
Wow. Nice name drop first sentence. And sry even though is really good, NP still beats it. And Walls isnt the worst song, its Too Much.
I actually didn't mind NP as much. And I like how everyone ever compares EVERYTHING poprock to ATL. And Too Much is pretty damn sexy live.

But I've been following WATIC since they were just TIC. Back when This Isn't Rocket Surgery and Easy came out (if you want non-synth drums, check out Easy). I've seen them come so far, and I'm extremely proud of them. This EP is incredible.

Oh, OP? Autotune is on For The Win. Never Be What You Want has more of a So Wrong Its Right feel to it (goddammit i did it too)
12:49 PM on 06/06/10
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
I actually didn't mind NP as much. And I like how everyone ever compares EVERYTHING poprock to ATL. And Too Much is pretty damn sexy live.

But I've been following WATIC since they were just TIC. Back when This Isn't Rocket Surgery and Easy came out (if you want non-synth drums, check out Easy). I've seen them come so far, and I'm extremely proud of them. This EP is incredible.

Oh, OP? Autotune is on For The Win. Never Be What You Want has more of a So Wrong Its Right feel to it (goddammit i did it too)
I heard the autotune on "For the Win". What's your point?
01:12 PM on 06/06/10
UnderclasHero
So long live us
User Info.

YESS!! thats why I love NBWYW soo much too, because it sounds so close to SWIR (My fav ATL album, and fav of all time if you cant already tell) I hope in the future they make more songs like that. And I dont so much care about the autotune anymore, its very hard to notice and more and more bands are doing it now, so.. w/e
05:21 PM on 06/06/10
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Can't wait to pick it up this week
09:01 PM on 06/06/10
USFJake
User Info.
I heard the autotune on "For the Win". What's your point?

You said in your review it was on Never Be What You Want.

YESS!! thats why I love NBWYW soo much too, because it sounds so close to SWIR (My fav ATL album, and fav of all time if you cant already tell) I hope in the future they make more songs like that. And I dont so much care about the autotune anymore, its very hard to notice and more and more bands are doing it now, so.. w/e

It's so...anthemic. Is that a word? It is now.

And yeah, autotune doesn't bother me until its overused. When it becomes too much is when it gets annoying. Too much of anything is too much. ;)
10:00 PM on 06/06/10
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.

And yeah, autotune doesn't bother me until its overused. When it becomes too much is when it gets annoying. Too much of anything is too much. ;)
That song has autotuned vocals too. It's obvious when he starts singing.
11:34 PM on 06/06/10
USFJake
User Info.
That song has autotuned vocals too. It's obvious when he starts singing.

Wasnt obvious to me. Autotune is pretty obvious when you bend a note, which he does a couple times.
03:35 AM on 06/07/10
Gautz
Music makes life bearable!
User Info.
Not bad. Not bad at all.
11:00 AM on 06/07/10
Ryan Gardner
User Info.
Solid review; in an over-saturated, hackneyed genre, this review has inspired me to check these guys out.
07:15 PM on 06/07/10
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
If anyone is interested, I came across this live set they did. The vocals sound kind weak live, compared to the only recorded song I've heard so far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrJb_OkRWO8
07:32 PM on 06/07/10
UnderclasHero
So long live us
User Info.

Haha, me too. and i think anthemic should be a word. Why not?
08:56 PM on 06/07/10
USFJake
User Info.
Haha, me too. and i think anthemic should be a word. Why not?
Send it to Webster
11:03 AM on 06/08/10
Losthope182
----
User Info.
Love this band, good people. Stoked for them to blow up.
10:08 AM on 06/09/10
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
The line, "you're just a line in a song" in the last track bothers me so much.
10:26 AM on 06/09/10
SingMeInsomnia
Because I can.
User Info.
This band is going to explode in like .005 seconds.
Still bracing myself for the impact.

It's like they're trying to imply something with their album name.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos