Username
Password
AP.net Related News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
AP.net Related
Inside AP.net

Self Promotion Spotlight: Broadside

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (06/06/10)
Discovered using the Self-Promotion Forum, this week's choice for the Spotlight is Broadside. Want a shot at getting your band featured here? Sign up for an AP.net account and make a post in the self-promotion forum. Head over to the replies to read more about this week's pick.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
12:02 AM on 06/06/10
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Broadside:

Broadside are a five-piece pop punk band from Richmond, Virginia. Very much in the vein of So Wrong It's Right-era All Time Low, Broadside play massive hooks and focus on the nasally vocals of lead singer Bryan Austin. Sprinkling in gang vocals and edgy guitar parts, Broadside avoid falling into the chasm of overproduced pop rock and manage to keep around some punk influences.

The band have recently recorded a two-song demo with Jason Sowers, which can be found for free download on their Myspace. Both songs on the demo can also be streamed on their Myspace. Broadside are currently focusing on booking summer and fall tours.

Their music isn't creative, even for the current watered-down state of the genre, but when it's this catchy, who cares? "The Thrill" would have great success as a single if it were written by a band who were already featured on MTV. If nothing else, Broadside's debut demo shows them off as a possible force to be reckoned with in the future.
02:22 AM on 06/06/10
Nick Le
Yeezy taught me.
User Info.
They sound pretty good.
08:28 AM on 06/06/10
HeavenResign
Registered Member
User Info.
They're good, but I don't see how they can claim to break the "typical band stereotypes and start something fresh" while essentially writing songs that sound just like ATL/Mayday/Power Pop bands. I'd see them though if they were down here.
12:51 PM on 06/06/10
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
They're good, but I don't see how they can claim to break the "typical band stereotypes and start something fresh" while essentially writing songs that sound just like ATL/Mayday/Power Pop bands. I'd see them though if they were down here.
Haha I thought the same exact thing when I read the bio.
02:37 PM on 06/06/10
LifeofSound
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i hope to jesus that the stuff they are recording now is better than their myspace material. the stuff on their myspace is average.
05:50 PM on 06/06/10
citi_matt
User Info.
i wonder how Blindside is doing
08:39 PM on 10/05/10
PopPunksNOTD3aD
User Info.
They're no New Found Glory or anyone original but they as people are 5 incredibly real dudes and their music is pretty damn catchy. I look forward to them putting out an actual record soon. Good dudes, catchy music
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests