Username
Password
Angels & Airwaves News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 73.
05:00 PM on 09/26/06
chaplan_drums
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This 8-minute song better be good, cus i still have yet to hear anything that sounds like "the greatest rock and roll revolution in years"
05:09 PM on 09/26/06
christophaaa
user
User Info.
"I love and miss those guys, they are great people, and I am excited for their amazing new future...."

and this totally makes sense as to why their recent interviews/articles show the exact opposite.
i'll believe the love&miss bit on the (currently unforeseen) day they go off indefinate hiatus.
05:30 PM on 09/26/06
goddamngourd
has a pet dog
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i cant take him seriously anymore.

i always thought part of tom's/blink's charm was that you didn't have to take them seriously. he seems to have forgotten that.
05:37 PM on 09/26/06
CWeezer2
User Info.
oh wow. and for the record, i think he totally sucks as far as a songwriter goes. his lyrics are rather shitty. i don't want to sit through 8 and 1/2 minutes of their music and his whining. at least he believes in his own lies.
05:53 PM on 09/26/06
jaboonta
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
what an idiot. "i will never have sex again if this is what happens". are you kidding me? at the pittsburgh show he said "thanks to all of you for your support. glad i dont have to be in a bullshit club band touring in a van." used to have respect for this dude but i cant take him seriously anymore.

are you kidding me? he was obviously joking around. you suck
05:58 PM on 09/26/06
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
no matter how good the song is, everyone is gonna hate it... i'm sure i'll love it however
06:08 PM on 09/26/06
Locker85
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What if *gasp* Mark and Travis are exagerating the truth? Could they just be bashing Tom every chance they get for more hype/album sales? Not saying they are but Tom is looking forward and is very into his new band and doesen't want to dwell on the past as it seems the other two do.

Maybe Tom is off his rocker a bit but he really likes his new band and it shows how much he loves making music, regardless what people are saying about it.

Now personally A&A wasn't my cup of tea but you guys are making it out that Mark and Travis are right and Tom is wrong when no one knows what really went on. It's not 2 agaisnt 1 because Travis and Mark will say the same thing as they are both trying to push their new album.

I just hate the Tom bashing because he's hyping his band.

It reminds me of a marriage gone sour because one (guy or girl) person will always talk shit to anyone who will listen (Mark and Travis) and one person will always just say "I miss her but things are better now" (Tom) And when what really happened was they got tired of each other and realized things weren't going to work out. No one's to blame. Anyone can spread rumors cause they are hurt or angry, doesn't make them true.

In my eyes Blink was going downhill and now you got 2 fresh new starts, so I look at the break up as a good thing.

Now, nothing against Mark and Travis, in fact I love the songs they've been releasing, but you guys can't take their word as gospel.

We should be happy for them, Mark, Tom, and Travis now get to do what they couldn't do in Blink without the other holding them back.
06:13 PM on 09/26/06
kissbangkill
panda @ weworemasks.com
User Info.
all i just read was three pages of "blah blah blah blah".

everyone hates tom, good for everyone. how quickly people seem to forget that blink ever existed and that tom helped make the music we all grew up listening to. what would happen if they DID get back together? you'd all jump the hate tom ship so fast, you'd be creaming your pants. give the guy a break. and i HIGHLY doubt he regrets having a kid. i'm sure he was just referring to the stress and exhaustion that comes along with it. not to mention that it was probably a JOKE. personally, i'm excited about the new song. and no, nothing AVA have done has been a "rock and roll revolution", but i'm glad they have the enthusiasm to try. i wish every band put that much faith, love, and confidence into their music, no matter how it turns out and is recieved.

cool of him to wish mark and tom well. hopefully they'll figure out a way to be friends again, whether or not they ever make music together again.
06:51 PM on 09/26/06
MemoryFades
Shawn
User Info.
all i just read was three pages of "blah blah blah blah".

everyone hates tom, good for everyone. how quickly people seem to forget that blink ever existed and that tom helped make the music we all grew up listening to. what would happen if they DID get back together? you'd all jump the hate tom ship so fast, you'd be creaming your pants. give the guy a break. and i HIGHLY doubt he regrets having a kid. i'm sure he was just referring to the stress and exhaustion that comes along with it. not to mention that it was probably a JOKE. personally, i'm excited about the new song. and no, nothing AVA have done has been a "rock and roll revolution", but i'm glad they have the enthusiasm to try. i wish every band put that much faith, love, and confidence into their music, no matter how it turns out and is recieved.

cool of him to wish mark and tom well. hopefully they'll figure out a way to be friends again, whether or not they ever make music together again.

kudos.
06:52 PM on 09/26/06
moore182
User Info.
Tom is still cool...fuck the haters!
I'm really anxious for this new song!!
07:02 PM on 09/26/06
Bbrown182
User Info.
Ok so maybe Tom did over hype the whole Angels and Airwaves thing but I've been a Blink fan since I first heard them. And this site did start as a Blink fan site and really if you think about it how many of your favorite bands would be here without bands like Green Day and Blink, but back to the point...Everyones taking sides now that Plus 44 has some songs up. And I agree with the other guys every single interview with Plus 44 Mark and Travis both always seem to throw in about how they thought the situation with Tom near Blink's end was fucked up. They always seem to put the blame in his hands. And unless you were there you'll never know the real story. Angels and Airwaves may not be a "rock n roll revolution" and when I first heard the album I liked it but I wasnt into it as much as I thought I would be. The turning point was definately seeing them live. I saw them on the tour with TBS, Head Automatica, and the Subways. It was probably one of the most amazing concerts I've ever been to. His speeches just made everyone forget what was going on in their lives and just get into the music. I dont wanna over exaggerate this but it was definately Jesus like. Theres nothing he couldve told the crowd to do that every single person there wouldnt have done. It was amazing. I still love Mark and Travis and I have liked all the songs they have put out so far. And I definately gotta agree like the other guy said if they ever did get back together you wouldnt say anything about Tom.
07:06 PM on 09/26/06
bradsonemanband
Change To Fire/Cootie Catcher
User Info.
10 pts to tom for keeping people interested. As soon as hype falls away from this band he comes along with something to keep people along. I for one am definitely interested in this song, because its what i expected from AVA to start with... hopefully all my dreams for this band will be realized in this new song or else im giving up.

I really dont think geffen would allow AVA to make a extremely ambitious album as a debut, thats why the track lengths and content had to be toned down from what tom originally anounced them to be. I think the next album will be the AVA album that tom touted so highly a year ago.

definite good point, brotha.
07:38 PM on 09/26/06
IATA4224
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I thought the point of puttign out a record was to HYPE it up? Was tom supposed to say this is the worst thing I have ever done? No.. He is supposed to say rediculous things to get people to listen and then to get fans.. It's like when Oasis compared themselves to the Beatles.. NO ONE compares to the Beatles...

And it is true, fuck all the haters because in the end if/when Blink does come back they will be jumping ship like everyone else that said fuck tom... It's funny because Tom has done is job to the T... Regardless if you hate AvA or love them, your still talking about them...

I just find it funny that people can say fuck tom, when Mark and him where just as equal to Blink.. So if this was Mark on the opposite side was it fuck mark? or even then, were you a blink fan because of mark or because they were a great band...
07:38 PM on 09/26/06
SingleDoubt
Strangers on this road we are on...
User Info.
tom is SO damn full of himself "until tomorrow, today..." wow, tom, how novel...
08:12 PM on 09/26/06
bring the mosh
User Info.
i hope you're joking about wanting to see the article. if reading makes you like/get into the band less, why keep reading about tom/ava? i guess when you're 14 yrs old and grew up on bands like simple plan and good charlotte, contradictions are bound to arise.

14. try 22 jerk.

i want to read the article because that's what i do -- i read about bands. i'm not some closed-minded retard who only cares about a band when they say something controversial. i want to see what tom has to say about the blink breakup seeing as how travis and mark have already said their parts.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests