AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Swing the Coast - Deluxe Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8
Musicianship 7
Lyrics 6.5
Production 7.5
Creativity 3
Lasting Value 4
Reviewer Tilt 5
Final Verdict: 59%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Swing the Coast - Deluxe

Reviewed by: cwhit412 (06/11/10)
Swing The Coast - Deluxe
Record Label - Unsigned
Release Date - May 3, 2010

Who?

Swing The Coast is a recently started four piece pop-rock band from Detroit, Michigan. They have recently started getting lots of buzz, including being voted into the Top 3 of the Rock Yourself To Sleep Tour contest. Both major and indie labels are looking to acquire this rising band.

How Is It?

Although a pretty generic haircut band, these guys know how to write a pop song. "Suburban Girls" is your typical pop-rock song, showcasing lead vocalist Josh Belanger's impressive voice. Its chorus is a sing-along crowd-pleaser that will surely attract many teenagers on their upcoming tour. "Take This City" is your typical pop-rock song, with a sing-along crowd pleasing chorus that will surely attract many teenagers on their upcoming tour. "Scream (With The Radio)" is your typical pop-rock song, with a sing-along crowd pleasing chorus that will surely attract many teenagers on their upcoming tour. Is this review getting redundant and monotonous? Well, that's exactly how I feel listening to the album. The first six tracks are basically the same song, with different lyrics and a slightly different melody. "Young In Love" would also be in that category, except for Dave Melilo's impressive guest vocals. In order to slow the album down, they simply recorded an acoustic cover of "Suburban Girls" which does not live up to the original due to the unnecessary drumming. Although lead vocalist Josh Belanger has a great voice, the band needs to diversify. However, it works extremely well for their targeted audience. But they will never move out of the huge mess of similar bands until change happens.

Recommended If You LikeThe Right Coast, outRAGEus, listening to the same song over and over again, simple pop rock

Myspace

Displaying posts 1 - 5 of 5
12:38 AM on 06/12/10
Danny PlayWork
Garden State Danny
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I disagree with this. Very good band and very catchy.
06:12 AM on 06/12/10
cwhit412
User Info.
I disagree with this. Very good band and very catchy.
I never said they weren't catchy.
Just the album wasn't good. I like the band, not the album.
10:26 PM on 06/14/10
KeytotheMidway
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Michigan Represent
03:35 PM on 07/22/10
DemBitties
I ended up as food for wolves
User Info.
Saw them at the NYC date of the "Rock Yourself To Sleep Tour". Not good. At all. Easily the worst band of the night.
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests