AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Last Days of Empire - 06.11.10

Last Days of Empire - 06.11.10

Interviewed by
Last Days of Empire - 06.11.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Last Days of Empire

www.myspace.com/lastdaysofempire
www.twitter.com/lastdaysnj
www.reverbnation.com/lastdaysofempire

1. How did you get your band name?
After a long, long list of really bad names, our original guitarist, Drew, was reading a book, and the last line of it read something to the effect of "last days of empire". We all loved it, and it stuck.

2. How did this band get started?
That's a long story. To sum it up; friends with the common love of music.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Me: Deftones, Far, Sunny Day Real Estate, Duran Duran, Saves The Day, Silent majority, Snapcase, Hum, Quicksand, Bad Brains, Tegan and Sara, Poison The Well, Hopesfall, Team Dresch, Sigur Ros...and many more.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Deftones. They have inspired me in so many ways. I am musically enamored with that band, and it would be an honor to share the stage with them.

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A cat. Because I love cats. A persian cat. That's me.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
I think we give an air of freshness on what has influenced us. I think we have a little more depth than your basic hard rock band. Lyrically and musically we create moods that hopefully make the listener want to continue listening.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Ha! I guess "The Rose Garden". Because it would be interesting to see how you would use a violin bow on the Guitar Hero controller.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My mom, my girlfriend and my band.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Wow, excellent question. I would change the reality in it. Fairness, and standards of which talent, and not dollar signs are based.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Besides ditching our van in MA....having the the honor of touring with one of my all-time favorite bands, Far.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A chance to be heard in a respective forum. With so much sensory overload on the internet, it's awesome that people still go to and rely on AP.net for new music and updates on the underground scene.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Death Dealer". But, I am really into playing the alternate/unplugged version of our new record and set live. It shows another side of us in a very intimate and stripped down manner. In this set, "39 Sniper" would be my favorite, because we play that song in a completely opposite way from which it appears on our record, and from how it was originally written. Creating a different mood of an existing theme fascinates me.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
San Diego.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Michael Jackson, Duran Duran, Motley Crue.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
I'd be a vampire.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Not yet.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I am a celiac.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas tied with St.Patty's Day.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Spare time?

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I am a crazy cook and drink slinger.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums