AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Pacifica - 06.11.10

Pacifica - 06.11.10

Interviewed by
Pacifica - 06.11.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Pacifica

http://pacificatheband.com/music/
http://www.myspace.com/pacifica

1. How did you get your band name?
We wanted a simple moniker that represented that we were from Hawaii.

2. How did this band get started?
The 5 of us played in different bands in hawaii, we got together and jammed, played a ton of shows in hawaii, moved to orange county, california and the rest is history.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Circa Survive, Thrice, Radiohead, Bjork, Minus the bear, Incubus, Thursday, Paramore.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Past - Led Zeppelin, Motley Crue, Present - Incubus, Mars Volta, Radiohead, or U2

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A lion, cause thats how we roll!

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we dont have silly hardcore breakdowns every 30 seconds. We take time to construct our songs in every aspect, and i think thats something real music fans will definitely recognize and appreciate.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Light Thief, it would be pretty dang hard to do it on 5 star expert, but easy for us. seriously, no one plays rock band as legit as we do. ask about us!

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Anyone who ever gave us the time of day and listen to our music. " First of all, I would would like to thank god, and I would like to thank my managers mike william.......WAIT, kayne what are you doing?" "Yo, Pacifica. I'm happy for ya. I'm gonna let you finish. But Beyonce had one of the best songs of all time. One of the best videos of all time."

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
How labels pay their bands. And if possible, end this whole neon age and hardcore bands that look like girls from playing their music

10. Memorable tour experience?
Going to hawaii and playing to a sold out crowd and a 300 capacity venue

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It keeps me up to date with everything relevant and irrelvant about bands i love and hate, its awesome!

12. What is your favorite song to play?
We Consider Everything, that song is my jamz.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Back home to Hawaii.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
PUNK & 90's radio hits.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
To be able to fly, touring would be a lot easier that way.

16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
We've had a considerable amount of exposure and success, but we have a long ways to go still.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We get drunk and play rock band ALL OUT. We seriously play rockband like we play shows. Weve broken our wall a few times, hahaha.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas and my birthday

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Jam at the studio, chill at home with friends, and drinking adult beverages with good company.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Someone can play a harmonica and is symphonically trained at the trumpet, we love raw fish, were all professional drinkers, we could be on americas next best dance crew and easily win ;)

Displaying posts 1 - 2 of 2
02:27 PM on 06/17/10
Vismund_Cygnus
User Info.
It's good to hear that there are bands out there that really take the time to make well-constructed rock music. Plus I'm not a fan of this whole neon thing and bands where the guys look like girls either. Great interview, guys! Way to represent Hawaii! Prince from Future Phonograph (futurephonograph.blogspot.com)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos