Username
Password

Album Review - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 361.
11:10 PM on 06/11/10
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
Honestly I barely glanced at the numbers I put. I just knew that creativity and musicianship should be lowest and production highest. I didn't even touch the user tilt lol
I'm just being an asshole. The score and review are just fine.
11:11 PM on 06/11/10
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
Bravo Thomas, bravo. I will have to admit that a few songs on SCS are guilty pleasures and like you said, they were at times a bit light-hearted and fun to listen to at times. But this album is as you described... so bad. And that pmtoday record is great and hopefully everyone reading this review will go click that link to the pmtoday review and check that record out. Also, lol at the RIYL
Thank you. Yeah I have to admit that when I was listening to this record to review I did play "Stick Stickly" twice. That song is the only one I enjoy by them, though. And I loved that PM Today record. It stuck with me more than I thought it would, too.
This is probably the most unbiased review they will get for this album.
Thanks? But I'm not sure I know what you mean.
11:11 PM on 06/11/10
Jake Jenkins
https://twitter.com/jakej654
User Info.
The first music video better have some fucking crabcore in it. If not, then fuck this band. Fuck this band anyway, but still, the crab core never gets old.
11:12 PM on 06/11/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
I'm just being an asshole. The score and review are just fine.
Lol I knew you weren't being serious. I was just saying.
rushour144
User Info.
Bravo Thomas, bravo. I will have to admit that a few songs on SCS are guilty pleasures and like you said, they were at times a bit light-hearted and fun to listen to at times. But this album is as you described... so bad. And that pmtoday record is great and hopefully everyone reading this review will go click that link to the pmtoday review and check that record out. Also, lol at the RIYL

PMtoday is by far one of my favorite bands out there. They have already secured a spot in my top cds of 2010.

It is just too bad that such a wonderful band gets overlooked because of the label they are on. People need to realize though that the bad bands on rise are the minority now. There are soooo many promising or already great bands on Rise. I mean FTFD, FFTL, Pmtoday, The Bled, Emarosa, Continuance, Oceana HOLY CRAP OCEANA (by far the most inventive band out there, don't believe me? Type up Oceana live on youtube and watch the recent videos. What Denny does on the drums is crazy and any drummer would agree at how complex some of the stuff he does is!).
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
Fucking yes. You are my new fucking best friend.
konvalbr
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
if you knew you couldn't stand this genre or band why the hell did you review it in the first place? thats like hitler trying to give einstein the man of the year award.
11:13 PM on 06/11/10
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
if you knew you couldn't stand this genre or band why the hell did you review it in the first place? thats like hitler trying to give einstein the man of the year award.
Someone has to sack up and do it
11:13 PM on 06/11/10
rushour144
User Info.
theres only like 5 decent songs on this album the rest suck a fat one

yup, and even the decent ones grow old fast and are ruined by the synths and that crap clean vocalist.
11:14 PM on 06/11/10
andthetruthwill
You keep company with wolves.
User Info.
This album is grand. Someday Came Suddenly was very good. And this tops it. It's tighter, more concise, and unrelenting. Each song just takes off and pounds with exciting singalongs. This was far worth the nearly two years wait. Despite what anyone thinks of them as people, musically the self titled delivers magnificently.
11:16 PM on 06/11/10
rushour144
User Info.
This album is grand. Someday Came Suddenly was very good. And this tops it. It's tighter, more concise, and unrelenting. Each song just takes off and pounds with exciting singalongs. This was far worth the nearly two years wait. Despite what anyone thinks of them as people, musically the self titled delivers magnificently.

ehhhh not really. Its mediocre drumming, and by the book guitar work. Cheap synth work, crap singing (minus thescreamer, he should quit and join a good band). The album has done many times before, just with less "humor" and more serious musicians.
Mr. November
I won't fuck us over.
User Info.
Thank you. Yeah I have to admit that when I was listening to this record to review I did play "Stick Stickly" twice. That song is the only one I enjoy by them, though. And I loved that PM Today record. It stuck with me more than I thought it would, too.

Thanks? But I'm not sure I know what you mean.
I meant that it was an honest review and it wasn't just bashing them without backing up your points. A lot of other reviews will probably just praise or bash them without backing up their points or giving examples.
Brandon Allin
Stay Ready
User Info.
What a horrible analogy.
11:17 PM on 06/11/10
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
You have to keep all the edges of your writing sharp. I have to be able to write a negative review when I see fit. That's why I reviewed it. I went in with an open mind because of the lineup changes and because I hadn't heard any of the songs on their Myspace. I thought it was so bad that I wanted to review it to say so.
11:17 PM on 06/11/10
Juan Jose
User Info.
I like the first half of this record, the second half is shit. SCS was much better
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests