Username
Password

Comments: Page 17
Displaying posts 240 - 245 of 245
08:28 PM on 06/20/10
Spencer Control
you'll grow your soul away
User Info.
E) The music is an idea, as soon as you share that idea, it is no longer yours, if it is a good idea, compensation you shall receive

D) It does, it is the same as downloading / streaming music you have not paid for, most of youtube is stolen media. =]

C) it does, because my point is that downloading doesn't = loss, not everyone does i agree, but a lot do.

B) Religion did not need to be mentioned, are you saying if you were not indoctrinated you would steal or murder and more than you do now? You should believe it because it is the right thing to do, not because of reward / punishment, i don't know, seems more common sense than something influenced by belief in deities, it just feels a little like when religious people say it is because of their beliefs that they are calling us Athiests immoral arseholes. =]

I also respect people who do not download, which includes you. The stuff i have which i did not pay for you cannot buy ( demos and free music in general ), but i understand that a lot of people keep stuff, i used to, but it still isn't worth paying for, it just sits there not getting played. =]

Agree to disagree? Thanks for being civil, it is so rare on the internet, sadly.
B) No, I think you misunderstand my point. Religion is a philosophy of life, correct? Therefore, my religion will affect how I live. I do/don't do something because I believe it is wrong/right. If God (seeing as I'm a Christian) made a world in which murdering wasn't sin, then I wouldn't consider it wrong, because I believe God's word is ultimate, and right and wrong/moral values are based on what He says. I believe that God calls stealing a sin, so I avoid doing it. Obviously, I'm not going to try and convince you to be a Christian via the internet :P tried that, doesn't work as easy as it sounds. So, while being a Christian is a main reason that I would not steal, it's not a good reason for you to not steal, because you don't believe in God (note that this does not mean God does not exist. You just don't believe in Him. The moral ties, if they exist, would apply if He does).
C) I'm not saying that downloading will always equal loss, but I believe that it mostly does. Since there's no system to repay the loss (every album you download, go to a gig for that band, etc. :P), I avoid it completely to avoid cutting short a band I love.
D) Mmmm... I don't think so... what I mean is whether or not I listen to Youtube music (I stick to Pandora usually, even though it stinks, haha) does not make it right or wrong. Since I don't think that's what you meant anyway, I vote this point irrelevant.
E) Ehhh... the term "idea" is extremely vague, and I'm not sure a song should be classified as this. Doesn't that then encompass any work of art, books, symphonies, programs, etc?

On a side note, twice you mentioned Christians treating you like crap because you (implied you were, at any rate) are an atheist. To be frank, I despise when "Christians" act like that. It's not at all how Jesus calls us to act (I could pull ten million verses pointing to this, but I don't think you need convincing :P) to non Christians, and the "Christians" acting like this are NOT doing what God wants. So, don't judge the religion by the sinners (including myself - we're all sinners) following the religion that will inevitably screw up.
Also, I accept the agree to disagree if you want too :] thanks a load to you being civil too, debates like these are saved from crapland because of people like you (and me, I guess, haha) remaining levelheaded.
08:29 PM on 06/20/10
Spencer Control
User Info.
E) The music is an idea, as soon as you share that idea, it is no longer yours, if it is a good idea, compensation you shall receive

D) It does, it is the same as downloading / streaming music you have not paid for, most of youtube is stolen media. =]

C) it does, because my point is that downloading doesn't = loss, not everyone does i agree, but a lot do.

B) Religion did not need to be mentioned, are you saying if you were not indoctrinated you would steal or murder and more than you do now? You should believe it because it is the right thing to do, not because of reward / punishment, i don't know, seems more common sense than something influenced by belief in deities, it just feels a little like when religious people say it is because of their beliefs that they are calling us Athiests immoral arseholes. =]

I also respect people who do not download, which includes you. The stuff i have which i did not pay for you cannot buy ( demos and free music in general ), but i understand that a lot of people keep stuff, i used to, but it still isn't worth paying for, it just sits there not getting played. =]

Agree to disagree? Thanks for being civil, it is so rare on the internet, sadly.
B) No, I think you misunderstand my point. Religion is a philosophy of life, correct? Therefore, my religion will affect how I live. I do/don't do something because I believe it is wrong/right. If God (seeing as I'm a Christian) made a world in which murdering wasn't sin, then I wouldn't consider it wrong, because I believe God's word is ultimate, and right and wrong/moral values are based on what He says. I believe that God calls stealing a sin, so I avoid doing it. Obviously, I'm not going to try and convince you to be a Christian via the internet :P tried that, doesn't work as easy as it sounds. So, while being a Christian is a main reason that I would not steal, it's not a good reason for you to not steal, because you don't believe in God (note that this does not mean God does not exist. You just don't believe in Him. The moral ties, if they exist, would apply if He does).
C) I'm not saying that downloading will always equal loss, but I believe that it mostly does. Since there's no system to repay the loss (every album you download, go to a gig for that band, etc. :P), I avoid it completely to avoid cutting short a band I love.
D) Mmmm... I don't think so... what I mean is whether or not I listen to Youtube music (I stick to Pandora usually, even though it stinks, haha) does not make it right or wrong. Since I don't think that's what you meant anyway, I vote this point irrelevant.
E) Ehhh... the term "idea" is extremely vague, and I'm not sure a song should be classified as this. Doesn't that then encompass any work of art, books, symphonies, programs, etc?

On a side note, twice you mentioned Christians treating you like crap because you (implied you were, at any rate) are an atheist. To be frank, I despise when "Christians" act like that. It's not at all how Jesus calls us to act (I could pull ten million verses pointing to this, but I don't think you need convincing :P) to non Christians, and the "Christians" acting like this are NOT doing what God wants. So, don't judge the religion by the sinners (including myself - we're all sinners) following the religion that will inevitably screw up.
Also, I accept the agree to disagree if you want too :] thanks a load to you being civil too, debates like these are saved from crapland because of people like you (and me, I guess, haha) remaining levelheaded.
08:31 PM on 06/20/10
Spencer Control
User Info.
If that posted twice, sorry :| AP was giving me some login trouble. The fact that they were buttlong post is doubly annoying :P
10:05 PM on 06/20/10
Spencer Control
User Info.
CAPTAIN AMERICA
STRIKES AGAIN
10:11 PM on 06/20/10
Spencer Control
User Info.
Oh wait...
NOES