All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts
10:41 PM on 09/30/06
pacemaker
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
not nearly as good as leviathan and remission

I disagree to a certain extent.

This album is overall an amazing record. Remission and Leviathan are both amazing... but if you listen to this album all the way through (on a long drive or while doing yard work or manual labor) compared to their other albums... Blood Mountain totally surpasses everything else they've done. At least as a whole, Blood Mountain is the perfect major label debut, compared to bands like Coheed and Cambria (who I love, by the way).

While other bands get signed and make the album they think they should be making, Mastodon went and made an almost perfect album via their own terms.

And Tom's review is well thought out and it seems that he is experienced enough in music himself to be able to convey what is going on with this shit.

The Mars Volta might be able to bend little kids' minds with their wankery... but Mastodon can deliver a solid album that makes sense and is listenable to all the way through.

I love this new reviewer (Tom Good) and I love Mastodon. This review is what AP.net needs. A fresh perspective, along with an amazing band = total glory forever and all time.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos