AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 10 posts
10:58 AM on 06/17/10
eriatarka24
User Info.
they have a touring drummer, right now they are only an official three piece and I could not find who the studio drummer was.
I heard they officially revealed their new drummer, whose name is Chris Pollock.

http://www.alterthepress.com/2010/04...w-drummer.html

Oh yes, you did mention the reference in Wikipedia. I think he's permanent.

Also I personally think this album is very weak and no where near as good as you make it out to be, but okay.

I only really like, maybe 3 songs, one of them being 'Redesign Me', which I think is the best on there, and it didn't get a mention.
12:47 PM on 06/17/10
eriatarka24
User Info.
It's not about the vocals. It's about the music itself. It just doesn't sound right, it sounds awkward. It wasn't what I was expecting from them. They could have done a lot better. There's no doubt the vocals are great, but it doesn't make me like the album more. I know Sierra (and Blake, for that matter) have great voices. The first three all sound the same, You'll Never Know and Stranger just bore me, Lost Tree is horrendous at the end. What's with the random scream and prolonged instrumental, and the bringing back of the choruses? It's just irrelevant to me.
12:58 PM on 06/17/10
eriatarka24
User Info.
I will still say, I haven't gone off this band however. I love 'em too much and I'll still see them live. It's just, unlike self titled and Perceptions, I won't be listening through this front to back...and there are only about three/four songs I like.

Yeah, I'm confused.
02:30 PM on 06/17/10
eriatarka24
User Info.
lol everyone get mad, sorry I ruined your day haha
You didn't.

Also, I know the band saw this. haha.

http://versaemergemusic.com/post/708...ap-net-gave-us
03:14 PM on 06/17/10
eriatarka24
User Info.
I can't understand this. It's irrelevant to you? It's just the way they wrote the song. I don't think they were setting out to make sure that the song was relevant to you.
Wow, someone's offended. Way to misinterpret what I said and get all pissed.

Where did I make it obvious that I meant relevant to ME? I just meant relevant in general. It's not relevant to the song, it's not necessary.

I did say "relevant to me" but I didn't mean PERSONALLY to me.
10:54 PM on 06/17/10
eriatarka24
User Info.
i think that they were trying to make an album, not just a couple of singles with the rest being filler tracks. the ending of that song ties the album together and, unless you disliked the rest of the album (which you in particular did) makes you want to go back and listen to the lyrics more closely to see how they all fit together. they made that ending with a purpose.
Yeah well unfortunately I don't enjoy it as much as I thought would have. It's just my opinion.

I didn't say they didn't make it for a purpose. It just doesn't sound that good to me.

And lol @ "you in particular" you're saying that like it's just me, there are people on here completely ripping on the band and their music, when I actually like them compared to those people. I think you need to be talking to them. I respect this band and I think they have massive talent, I just don't think they're showing it with this album. No doubt the vocals are amazing. The fact that I don't really like F@0 doesn't change my opinion about them as a band and I personally look forward to their next release and I wouldn't mind seeing them live again either.

I adore this band, they're still one of my favorites. I still have Sierra in my avatar. I love Perceptions and I love self titled, but I only enjoy a few tracks on F@0 and think that this is a weak album and they could have done a lot better. It's just not enjoyable to listen to most of it, and I don't think Lost Tree is good at all. It's just my opinion.

Yeah, I was quite harsh about my first post in here, I admit. But at least I'm not hating on the band or saying they don't have talent, or that they're boring, or that the band themselves don't deserve praise. I'm not ignorant like that. I think those people need telling off.
09:28 AM on 06/18/10
eriatarka24
User Info.
Ugh. I wasn't offended or pissed. Listen:

It's still not irrelevant. It's the song they wanted to write to end the album they wrote. They wanted it to be that, so it's not irrelevant.

Exactly.
Man, I get it. Sheez. You're getting pissed though... You even said "ugh."

It's my opinion, I don't think it sounds that good, RELEVANT OR IRRELEVANT.

omg, "exactly!" I responded to that earlier, to which I got a nice response.
09:29 AM on 06/18/10
eriatarka24
User Info.
perhaps that was poorly worded, i meant to just use you as an example, not say that you were the only one who hated the album. you said it seemed unnecessary, and i just thought that it was a decent attempt at trying to make a cohesive album rather than a disposable one.

i actually really like this album (and i'm not a huge fan of female vocalists, i like something i can sing along to in something close to my range haha) and foresee myself listening to this quite a bit. i listened to their eps a little, but i think that this is the right mix for me and i'll listen to it a lot more than their previous work. i'm also (even more) excited to hear the itunes bonus tracks and acoustic versions, now that i've heard the album the whole way through.
And that's perfectly fine. I completely understand. I just don't like it to the extent that you do.
01:31 PM on 06/18/10
eriatarka24
User Info.
I'm really not pissed. It's the internet, fudge mang.

I mean, cool if you don't like. I'm not crazy about this record either. I just have a lot of respect for artists and their work, regardless of how I feel about it. It was their artistic vision, so I think it's, forgive me, a little ignorant to say that any part of it is irrelevant. That's completely different than not liking it.

And cool, that person responded to you...? I was just responding to them.

Just wanna set the record straight: I like you. I like your opinion. You're free to have it. I just had an issue with the wording of the OP. Can we shake and call it day?

The people that get upset by being "yelled" at are the ones who take it too seriously.
I mentioned that I have respect for them, but neither you or the other person who responded addressed that. That's why I made that long post earlier, to make it clear my opinion of the band hasn't changed at all and I think that the people you should be responding to are those who are calling the band shit and saying they have no talent.

I just don't like this record as much as their previous work. :P

Aaaanyway.
09:59 AM on 06/19/10
eriatarka24
User Info.
I just ignore those posts because it's pointless to try and engage those people.

I still want to call a truce.
No problem, I like you too.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests