.-.-.-.-.
User Info.
Good review.
Will have to check this out.
I like the avatar. haha.
04:44 PM on 06/27/10
goinglohan
User Info.
This album is AMAZING. Been playing it non-stop since Tuesday. And if you don't like the vocals, you realyl have to look past them.
06:19 PM on 06/27/10
Risa01
RisaDarvo
User Info.
Sierra has some nice pipes.

This is a very good review.
10:00 PM on 06/27/10
Bruised26
always.move.fast.
User Info.
I'm trying to get into this album, there are several things I like about it, and several things I hate about it.

I like Sierra's lyrics, they are not the typical whiny girl lyrics like Hey Monday, I feel like they actually have depth to them.
I like Blake's production ideas and a lot of the instrumentals are great (beginning of Redesign Me, for eg.)
However, I felt on this album that they were trying too hard to sound different than the other bands in their genre. Just listen to the chord progressions and key changes, they are distracting (atleast to me). Don't get me wrong, I am all for bands experimenting with different chords, but I don't think Versa did it right. A keychange/ 'flavor' chord should not distract the listener, it should only be done when it's appropriate and needed. It seemed like every song was jumping all over the place and it honestly just sounded like a mess in some points. There were points where I would be listening and get totally taken out of the music by a poorly placed key change.

I applaud Versa for trying something different, but I'm gonna have to say that I wasn't crazy about this album.
12:24 AM on 06/28/10
mallyhere!
User Info.
hmm...i've heard of them. even listened to some of their songs. but havent really caught on.
after reading this, i'll try to check them out more.
11:24 AM on 07/11/10
billcom6
AP Addict
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
When I first started listening to this album I thought every song sounded the same and wasn't impressed.
But I kept listening and am now pretty much obsessed with it. I love almost every song on the album. Its like it slowly crept into my brain and now I can't get it out.
11:42 PM on 08/07/10
Katrin2max
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm going to buy this album now. :)
10:08 PM on 03/24/11
FNF
You are the only exception <3
User Info.
the only real things you can do to compare paramore with them is they have the same label, have a female vocalist, and kick ass. Great album.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos