04:12 PM on 06/18/10
Plus155
Keep it Crispy
User Info.
Tell that to Coachella, I've never seen more people in my life
04:16 PM on 06/18/10
permanent
User Info.
I have been contemplating going to see The Gaslight Anthem when they come around here. Tickets are $25. Service Charge is $10 per ticket. Needless to say, I am going to wait it out and purchase at the door if there are any left. Point being that I rarely buy tickets in advance anymore and when I don't, I tend to forget when bands hit my area. Maybe if Ticketmaster/Live Nation weren't so greedy...
04:18 PM on 06/18/10
lauren1234
Registered Member
User Info.
I've definitely been going to more concerts in the past year than I ever have. I'm kinda shocked at this but then again, it does make sense.
04:30 PM on 06/18/10
drawndead
Bllllratttt
User Info.
stop charging me $20+ for "service fees" and maybe I'll go to more shows.
This.!
04:54 PM on 06/18/10
about3fitty
Registered Member
User Info.
weird haha i've bought more tickets for upcoming shows this summer than i ever have before

stop charging me $20+ for "service fees" and maybe I'll go to more shows.

cuz 1 or 2 good bands tour together and bring shitty openers
or shitty bands headline over good/talented bands

this, this and this
05:29 PM on 06/18/10
HoldThatSound
racaaabeef
User Info.
weird haha i've bought more tickets for upcoming shows this summer than i ever have before
same. 4 upcoming shows so far this summer, and there will probably be more.
05:44 PM on 06/18/10
smorgy
There's no shame in crymaxing
User Info.
ive gone to WAY more shows this year than i have every before. but that might be because i get free tickets by working at a college radio station.

it shouldnt cost me the price of another ticket to buy 2 tickets. its bullshit i never order those those fucking websites anymore.
06:00 PM on 06/18/10
ssteveohh
User Info.
i work for ln, downfall to music.
06:25 PM on 06/18/10
firewater
the ransom
User Info.
Tell that to Coachella, I've never seen more people in my life
One of the few festivals making a killing with tickets, but most other summer tours have been cancelled(Christina Aguilera ha) or aren't selling much surprisingly(Rihanna). But I agree damn service fees are terrible for the consumer.
06:34 PM on 06/18/10
p93
hopelessly yours, Alabama
User Info.
waaaaaaaaaaaaah huge radio label artist concert sales are down, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
I must have missed the memo where I'm supposed to care about the stability of artists who make $250,000 for a show on the east coast.
06:52 PM on 06/18/10
Un'Aria Ancora
The best happiness money can buy.
User Info.
In the midst of the worst recession in many decades? Can't be true.
06:55 PM on 06/18/10
cavanaughpark09
come on sweet catastrophe
User Info.
I work too much to really have much time to do a lot but my days off and the money that doesn't go to bills/in the bank goes toward concerts. I've probably gone to more in the past year or two than ever before.

I feel kind of fortunate that so many of the bands that I like to see don't really charge that much for tickets. (We'll just pretend the trip to Cali for Something Corporate doesn't exist and this is totally true.)
07:01 PM on 06/18/10
mikenewsbears
Bad News Bears / Mike
User Info.
hey have created a monopoly and people are fed up with paying for service charges, not to mention the economy isn't the greatest of shape. of course people are not going to purchase as many tickets to concerts, because they can't afford them. the music industry is a business, but it doesn't need to be this way.
07:02 PM on 06/18/10
patentpending
http://www.mattskibafans.com/
User Info.
It's incredibly hard for me to get to shows, as I have always lived in the most unfortunate areas that never have shows more than an hour or two away. For me getting to shows is an actual trip, especially considering I can't drive (don't ask why). I'm either always dependent on someone else, or having to plan a bus trip and an over night stay. It costs a shit ton just for me to get to one. I've only ever been to two, and sadly don't have the convenience or the funds to do that regularly. I have to set money aside and save and save little by little just from one show to the next. So nowadays, instead of buying tickets that go to waste after all my plans fall through, I just save my funds until a favorite band that I feel I just can not miss comes around.

Tl;dr, but I'm sure that, for a lot of people, this has a lot more to do with the raise in extra charges on tickets, especially in these conditions. EVERYTHING is getting more and more expensive.
07:12 PM on 06/18/10
Deadbolt23
Jacob
User Info.
It's incredibly hard for me to get to shows, as I have always lived in the most unfortunate areas that never have shows more than an hour or two away. For me getting to shows is an actual trip, especially considering I can't drive (don't ask why). I'm either always dependent on someone else, or having to plan a bus trip and an over night stay. It costs a shit ton just for me to get to one. I've only ever been to two, and sadly don't have the convenience or the funds to do that regularly. I have to set money aside and save and save little by little just from one show to the next. So nowadays, instead of buying tickets that go to waste after all my plans fall through, I just save my funds until a favorite band that I feel I just can not miss comes around.

Tl;dr, but I'm sure that, for a lot of people, this has a lot more to do with the raise in extra charges on tickets, especially in these conditions. EVERYTHING is getting more and more expensive.
why?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums