AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Money News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 66 of 66.
02:35 AM on 06/21/10
AussieBoy
User Info.
this is def not the case in Australia, nearly every show of every genres, espesh festivals are selling out, quite often in minutes
08:26 AM on 06/21/10
Jason Tate
User Info.
Yeah blame it on that..
I've downloaded lots and have been to over 10 shows this year. About 2 shows a month.

I see Downloading Music and Going To Shows as having NO correlation at all.
So, by your own admission - you downloaded more music than you went to shows. Kinda proving my point there.
12:08 PM on 06/21/10
septembergirl92
User Info.
Livenation doesn't have any fees this month.
08:45 AM on 06/22/10
jimboj917
Jim!
User Info.
the less we all go to livenation concerts, the better off the world will be. it feels nice to see the major label record industry and the behemoths of tour booking/radio payola going under. tom petty's show was something like $60 here in cleveland. i went and saw born ruffians last week for $10. you can see amazing bands on the cheap, buy their album on the cheap, listen to them in your car via cd/ipod and not support the massive corporations who can't handle us ignoring their overpriced acts.
08:47 AM on 06/22/10
jimboj917
Jim!
User Info.
Livenation doesn't have any fees this month.
they should never. rolling stone had an excellent article months back which broke down where those 'service fees' actually go. i understand, the big concert experience can be fun, but so can a show under $20 at your local rock club. you could then afford to buy their album or merchandise, maybe even meet the band. sounds like a real deal to me.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS