birtcho
is...
User Info.
Not liking it as much as their other releases
06:55 AM on 06/28/10
LoginBanned
WWW.REALDEALONSPORTS.COM
User Info.
I need to exercise so I can fit into my Allister T-shirt again.
08:01 AM on 06/28/10
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
CD isn't that great. Sorry to inform you

I love this band to death, but I unfortunately have to agree. There are a few great songs, but the rest is really nothing special.

I kinda get what you're saying but I think the album is just Allister more grown up. The album is still nearly all pop-punk songs...? I mean, what were you expecting?
09:05 AM on 06/28/10
jonskinny12
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I wish people would stop saying that this album isn't that great. It's worrying me. From the clips I heard, it's pretty awesome.
09:08 AM on 06/28/10
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
I wish people would stop saying that this album isn't that great. It's worrying me. From the clips I heard, it's pretty awesome.

I like the album and I think it's great. Ignore the other people until you've heard it. It's an Allister album and it's really great to hear them making music together again.
10:01 AM on 06/28/10
youlovetonyt
youlovetonyt
User Info.
this album is fantastic. you also have to keep in mind that it was probably written/produced with a japanese audience in mind.
10:42 AM on 06/28/10
spiffa0
I am the Third Revelation
User Info.
I kinda get what you're saying but I think the album is just Allister more grown up. The album is still nearly all pop-punk songs...? I mean, what were you expecting?
I think the problem is I grew out of that generic pop punk phase in my life. So it's nothing really against them.
12:11 PM on 06/28/10
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
I think the problem is I grew out of that generic pop punk phase in my life. So it's nothing really against them.

Perhaps it's wise to add that to your synopsis of the CD, seeing as of how your opinion may give the people reading this thread that Allister's new album actually sucks when it's really your taste in music that's changed. Believe it or not, if people interested in the new Allister album come into this thread and leave after reading ill-thought out comments like yours with the feeling that they won't check out the album because people seem to generally think it's a bad album, the band actually loses potential album sales. Stop making blanket statements and consider the influence your words may have on people who may want to hear some classic pop-punk.

It's a GOOD pop-punk album, people.

/rant
12:22 PM on 06/28/10
jonskinny12
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Perhaps it's wise to add that to your synopsis of the CD, seeing as of how your opinion may give the people reading this thread that Allister's new album actually sucks when it's really your taste in music that's changed. Believe it or not, if people interested in the new Allister album come into this thread and leave after reading ill-thought out comments like yours with the feeling that they won't check out the album because people seem to generally think it's a bad album, the band actually loses potential album sales. Stop making blanket statements and consider the influence your words may have on people who may want to hear some classic pop-punk.

/rant
Thanks for saying this.

I was getting worried reading some of the comments in here, but no amount of bad reviews could stop me from getting a new Allister album! But I know that a lot of people would just forget about it based on what has been said in here.
01:51 PM on 06/28/10
spiffa0
I am the Third Revelation
User Info.

/rant
I guess I kind of feel bad because Allister used to be my favorite "going to the beach/at the beach" music when I was younger. The new CD isn't anything really different from what they had ever done. I just am not into it. But for anyone that is in love with them or loves that style of pop punk then yes, it would be a good listen.
01:52 PM on 06/28/10
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
I guess I kind of feel bad because Allister used to be my favorite "going to the beach/at the beach" music when I was younger. The new CD isn't anything really different from what they had ever done. I just am not into it. But for anyone that is in love with them or loves that style of pop punk then yes, it would be a good listen.

Awesome. And I understand what you're saying...music tastes change, and I respect that. I'm sorry if I came across harshly in my previous post.
06:24 AM on 06/29/10
ilovesofie
was I good to you, wife of my youth
User Info.
It's a good album, certainly for the summer, but it's their worst in their catalogue, that's just my opinion.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums