AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Entertainment News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Entertainment Round-Up (10/06/06)

Posted by - 02:19 PM on 10/06/06
Here's your weekly Entertainment/Movie/DVD/TV Show round-up! Check it out and leave your thoughts and comments in the replies.
Entertainment Round-UpNews And Rumors

CBS has green lit production on the 11th cycle of The Amazing Race. Phil Keoghan will once again host.

Dimension Films has picked up Naughty Or Nice, a stop motion animated film from Seth Greens company Stoopid Monkey. Dimension also purchased the rights to a live-action comedy from the company.

20th Century Fox chairman Tom Rothman recently confirmed that Galactus will be seen in Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer.

Eric Dane will now be a regular on Greys Anatomy. He appeared on one episode last season.

Amy Heckerling, who helped define the 1980's teenager with Fast Times At Ridgemont High, is revisiting that decade. Heckerling is working on a project with NBC entitled 1985. The series will center on a girl growing up in the 1980's. It will be narrated by the woman in the present day; the stories will focus on her memories of being a Regan-era teen, and navigating high school and family life.

20th Century Fox have won the rights to Michael Lewis' latest book, The Blind Side: Evolution Of The Game. The young man who the story focuses on eventually becomes one of the highest paid players in the NFL.

Soon you will be able to download Screech's homemade sex tape. BetUS.com is the unlikely frontrunner to acquire the tape.

An offer has been made to Mexican actor Gael Garcia Bernal to play the villain in the third installment of the Bourne Series. Shooting is underway on The Bourne Ultimatum.

Will Smith's six year old daughter, Willo, will be joining him in I Am Legend. She'll be playing Marley, daughter of Will Smith's character in the movie.

Jeffery Wright may be playing the role of the villain in Live Free Or Die Hard.

CBS has picked up the New Adventures Of Old Christine for a second full season.

J.J Abrams will direct an episode of Lost later on this season.

Season 6 of 24 kicks off with a four hour premiere on January 14th and 15th. You will be able to view the first trailer on October 24th.

David Ayer has signed on to re-write and direct Mafia Cop for Universal Pictures. The true-life story is based on what has been called one of the worst police corruption scandals in New York history. The story centers on Louis Eppolito, a highly decorated cop who was found guilty, along with Stephen Caracappa, of participating in eight murders, two attempted murders, one murder conspiracy, money laundering, obstruction of justice and drug distribution. Both were arrested last year after retiring from police work.

Sissy Spacek, Troy Garity, and Dave Matthews have been cast to star in Perry Moore and Hunter Hill's family drama, Lake City. Spacek and Garity will play a mother and son who have been estranged after a tragedy. They reunite under dire circumstances to save their home. Matthews will play the villain in the movie.

Shareeka Epps, John Ortiz, and Johnny Lewis have joined the cast of Alien Vs Predator: Survival Of The Fittest.

Joe Johnston will return to direct Jurassic Park 4. The script was written by William Monahand. Johnston directed Jurassic Park 3.

Halle Berry has signed on to star in Class Act. The story is based on the true life of Tierny Cahill, a teacher from Reno, Nev., who took the challenge from her sixth-grade students to run for congress on the condition that they could help run the campaign. She ultimately lost her to bid to an incumbent; she wound up winning 35 % of the popular vote.

Trailers:

Norbit.
The Good Shepherd.
Lucky You.
Home Of The Brave.

In Theatres:

The Departed-Martin Scorsese directs Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon and Jack Nicholson in a drama about cops and criminals in Boston.

Employee Of The Month-A stock boy (Dane Cook) at a bulk discount store decides to stop slacking off to impress the new checkout girl (Jessica Simpson).

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning-Four teenagers on a road trip are caught by a murderous family and the psychopath that would come to be called 'Leatherface.'

In Selected Theatres:

49 Up-Director Michael Apted's latest in his documentary series which checks in on a group of Brits every seven years of their lives.

Little Children-Kate Winslet and Patrick Wilson are stay-at-home suburban parents who engage in an affair. Also starring Jennifer Connelly.

Love's Abiding Joy-A frontier family's long-awaited reunion is interrupted by tragedy. Based on the novel by Janette Oke.

Shortbus-An urban "dramedy" following seven people's journeys through the paths of sex and love in modern day New York City.

Dvds Out This Week:

New Releases:
Art School Confidential
Click: Special Edition
Garfield: A Tail Of Two Kitties
A Prairie Home Compilation
Waist Deep

T.V. Box sets:
The Andy Milonakis Show: Season 2
The A-Team: Season 5
Defenders Of The Earth: Volume 1
Dora The Explorer: World Adventure
Ed, Edd N Eddy: Season 1
Everybody Hates Chris: Season 1
Harvey Birdman, Attorney At Law: Volume 2
Magnum P.I.: Season 5
My Family: Seasons 1 and 2
Numb3rs: Season 2
Scrubs: Season 4
Simon And Simon: Season 1
Threes Company: Season 8
Wonder Showzen: Season 2

Special Editions/Other Releases:
Bad Santa: Directors Cut
Black Rain: Special Collector's Edition
The Butterfly Effect 2
Carlos Mencia: No Strings Attached
David Copperfield(1935)
Edge-Of-Your-Seat Collection
The Exorcist: The Complete Anthology

Coming Soon:

To Theatres:
The Grudge 2-10/13/06
Man Of The Year-10/13/06
The Marine-10/13/06
Flags Of Our Fathers-10/20/06
The Prestige-10/20/06
Saw 3-10/27/06
Borat-11/03/06
Flushed Away-11/03/06
A Good Year-11/10/06
Harsh Times-11/10/06

To DVD:
Monster House-10/24/06
Nacho Libre: Collector's Edition-10/24/06
The O.C.: Season 3-10/24/06
Mission: Impossible 3:Collector's Edition-10/31/06
Cars-11/07/06
Transformers: The Movie: 20th Anniversary Edition-11/07/06
Accepted-11/14/06
The Da Vinci Code-11/14/06
Ice Age:The Meltdown-11/21/06

Credit:SuperHeroHype.com,ComingSoon .net,Eonline.com,Movies.Yahoo.Com,F ilmforce.Ign.Com,Darkhorizons.com,T v.com,Hollywoodreporter.com

Have a great weekend.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 69
02:20 PM on 10/06/06
IAmAmazing
I want to beLIEve
User Info.
haha, ill download screech's sextape
02:21 PM on 10/06/06
Joe DeAndrea
Radiosurgery
User Info.
Haha fuck yeah, Jurassic Park 4.
02:22 PM on 10/06/06
Jason Tate
User Info.
Scrubs: Season 4!! I needa go get that!
02:23 PM on 10/06/06
xearlynovemberx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Scrubs: Season 4!! I needa go get that!

Do you any idea when season 6 begins?
02:24 PM on 10/06/06
livethesounds
There is no try
User Info.
Jurassic Park 4 Ftw

Bring Back Malcom!!!!!!!!!!!

/thread.
02:24 PM on 10/06/06
Jason Tate
User Info.
January sometime I think.
02:25 PM on 10/06/06
xearlynovemberx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I need to get caught up. I recently started to watch it.
02:26 PM on 10/06/06
FatJordan
Fat is Fashionable
User Info.
Start pushing Happy Feet!
Jason Tate
User Info.
I need to get caught up. I recently started to watch it.
It's amazing. I own all on DVD (and will soon own season 4).
Jason Tate
User Info.
02:27 PM on 10/06/06
Adeniz19
whikawhikawhaaat
User Info.
scrubs season 4 was the best news out of all of that

and i can't believe they are going to do a jurassic park 4.... give it a rest already
02:28 PM on 10/06/06
xearlynovemberx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Next week I will feature the trailer
02:28 PM on 10/06/06
Adeniz19
whikawhikawhaaat
User Info.
It's amazing. I own all on DVD (and will soon own season 4).
:ditto:

i don't think they have a set release date for the new season... i hope it's in january tho
02:29 PM on 10/06/06
livethesounds
There is no try
User Info.
scrubs season 4 was the best news out of all of that

and i can't believe they are going to do a jurassic park 4.... give it a rest already

no, this movie may be the worst film in the history of man but i would still go see it opening day.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos