Username
Password
General Announcement News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
General Announcement
Inside AP.net

Help Pay For Matt's Medical Bills

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (07/04/10)
Madina Lake have created a fundraising campaign to help pay for Matt's hospital bills after being severely beat the other day.

Submitted by Amie FM

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 65.
06:52 AM on 07/04/10
terror_91
I feel sorry for the elephants
User Info.
While I'm not a fan of his music, I just want to say that that is a heroic thing to do and wish him a speedy recovery.
07:20 AM on 07/04/10
xent
this is what separates me from you!
User Info.
why does musicians doesn't had medical insurances...the management had to do with that
08:15 AM on 07/04/10
Vorak
Fortune and Glory
User Info.
why does musicians doesn't had medical insurances...the management had to do with that
I think you're asking why musicians don't have medical insurance, am I correct? 90% of touring bands tour on their own dime most bands don't make money, even if they sell a decent amount of records. All the money they do make goes right back into the band.

There are a few giant bands out there (Metallica, etc) who probably have benefit packages but for the most part, they're SOL when it comes to medical insurance.

Matthew is an amazing person and I really hope he recovers quickly. Stay posi Matt!
08:27 AM on 07/04/10
geebee889
Registered Goober
User Info.
I wish I had money to contribute to this, but I don't. I hope he has a quick recovery, because he seems like a great person.
08:39 AM on 07/04/10
NeonDaydream
User Info.
Originally Posted by Tumblr Post
This guy did things I canít even type. After words, he and his beaten wife left Matthew unconcious on the street. Matthew is in the hospital with a third of his skull removed as we wait for the swelling in his brain to go down. Iíd rather not share any additional information at this time besides the fact that he acted as a hero

Originally Posted by Fundraising page
Detectives Michael DíAndrea and Joseph Gentile of Area 4 Special Victims Unit and the entire CPD have worked relentlessly to make the arrest and I canít thank them enough. For now, Justin Pivec is charged with Aggravated Battery Causing Serious Bodily Injury. Weíll release more information as we get it and as is appropriate to share

Since it's not polite to ask exactly what else this guy did to him, I just have to say SVU is involved so we know it's a lot worse than what they're saying. He did a couple other things, obviously. Can't imagine what, but whatever he did to him plus what we know happened, I had to donate.
08:49 AM on 07/04/10
about3fitty
Registered Member
User Info.
insurance is realllllly expensive and most bands have to be really careful with how they spend their money
08:55 AM on 07/04/10
Of A Machines
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
wow im going to try to donate
09:26 AM on 07/04/10
splitsecond
Augustine / Evan
User Info.
part of his skull had to be removed? wow.
10:03 AM on 07/04/10
xmicxcorex
enjoys a good beer.
User Info.
pay your own bills dude....

couldn't make it through the day without being an asshole about something huh? do you think people are gonna "LOL" at this? lets see you, even if you have insurance attempt financial recovery after an accident like this? youd be fucked, just like most of the rest of the world. i'll be praying for you.

on another note: im on a temp layoff and dont have much money, otherwise id send this dude as much as possible. im not a huge fan of their music, but this dude deserves an award for an act as heroic as this. i wish you the best, man!
10:46 AM on 07/04/10
icekold23
Worship, Tribute
User Info.

Lolz.
11:01 AM on 07/04/10
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
pay your own bills dude....
Man oh man would I love to fucking see you get beaten to a pulp and try to pay your own bills aftewards. I actually would love to see you get beaten to a pulp.

I was in a similar position that this guy was in 6 months ago. I actually am still dealing with bills and shit. Thank god they arrested one of the 6 guys who were stomping me. I have insurance, but my prick insurance company won't cover any of the bills because I was transferred to an out-of-network hospital, while I was unconscious. I'm working with the appeal department right now, but I owe like 35 grand in medical bills. That itself is a main part of my anxiety.

There's a Crime Victims Fund set up for this reason, I suggest he looks into this as well as restitution from this degenerate fuck. Get well soon brotha.
11:08 AM on 07/04/10
patentpending
http://www.mattskibafans.com/
User Info.
Since it's not polite to ask exactly what else this guy did to him, I just have to say SVU is involved so we know it's a lot worse than what they're saying. He did a couple other things, obviously. Can't imagine what, but whatever he did to him plus what we know happened, I had to donate.
MTE. "Things I can't even type" + SVU = My stomach turns at the thought.

This thing is going on until December it seems. I will definitely be pitching in when I have the means.
11:09 AM on 07/04/10
Tostitos
Mr. Chips
User Info.
11:19 AM on 07/04/10
Fullblast 2.0
Not to be confused with Fullblast
User Info.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News