1. How did you get your band name?
-Well, we were in the process of changing our band name and we basically had a list with 100's of names. Out of that list, we chose Arrows Over Athens because it was the one we could all relate to the most.
2. How did this band get started?
- Michelle and I have been playing together for about two years now. After our previous band fell apart, we ended up getting in touch with Dave via Craigslist. We went through a few guitarists, but nobody really seemed to stick with it. After a while Dave got in touch with one of his previous band mates, Preston, and we finally had the final piece to the puzzle.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
-Speaking for myself here, I find a lot of influence from Boys Night Out, Four Year Strong, Taking Back Sunday, Story Of The Year, Daryl Palumbo (vocal wise), Fall Out Boy, and Emarosa. I also draw a lot of influence from the music that my friends play, other bands we play with play, and what my friends listen to.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
-Hmm, tough question. Probably Story Of The Year, The J Giles Band, CCR, Four Year Strong, and the Jackson Five. If you don't at least KIND OF like one of those bands your just weird!
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
-I'd say a dog. They have it so easy! People rub them all day, all of their meals get prepared for them, they don't have to work, or pay bills, and they still live in the house. Awesome right? If aliens came to planet earth I bet they would think the dogs were in charge of us.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Our music is really fun. People always tell us that so I'm assuming it's true. Not only that, but if your one of those people (like I am) that likes to listen in to the lyrics of a song and really just try to feel the emotion of the lyrics, and the song itself, we have a TON of that.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
-Sheep in Wolves Clothing for sure. I think that's one of the more fun songs for Preston and myself to play on guitar. On expert? Not too sure. A few parts might be pretty hard for some people.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
-My brother, mom, dad, grandma, band mates, best friends, and family.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
- The way that venues do booking now. It seems that almost every venue tries to make you sell tickets to a show now. Even if you're 3 hours away, and on tour, they ask if you can sell tickets. It's crazy.
10. Memorable tour experience?
- When Mimi almost fell off stage, and our photographer, Matt Cyphers, luckily caught her and pushed her back up. It was great.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
- An outlet for us to, hopefully, get our music reviewed, criticized, and have some light brought onto for the public.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
- Our new song, Truth be told.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
-Lake George, New York. I've been going there yearly since birth.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
- Blues. James Cotton for sure.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
- The ability to talk to animals. I feel like that would be awesome, and probably really useful too.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
- Not yet. We have some pretty big goals set for our selves, but everyday we see our selves a little bit closer. All in good time.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
- I'm scared to hold babies, and small animals. I feel like I'm going to break them with my hands somehow because they are so small.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
- Christmas, everyone seems to be happier.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
- Work out, eat Charleston Chews, play video games, play ping pong, and hang with my friends. 20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
- If this question is asking me if I can burp the ABC's, or squirt milk out of my eye, I can't do any of those things.