Username
Password
Suretone Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Suretone Records
Inside AP.net

Meriwether Vocalist Releases a Statement

Posted by: Gregory Robson (07/05/10)
Head to the replies to read a statement from Andrew Reilley regarding the future of Meriwether.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 16
06:25 PM on 07/05/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
The official statement I know that rumors have begun to circulate about the state of Meriwether, so I thought I'd let everyone know exactly what is going on. After seven wonderful years together, Josh and Steve have decided to depart from the band. As we have grown so close together as friends over such a long time, we have also evolved individually. Also, Sam recently got an offer to tour with the band 10 Years and has decided to pursue that opportunity. Skip and I, however, don't plan on ending our tenure as band mates just yet. We will continue to perform music together and are actually recruiting a new group of musicians; some which you guys have probably seen play in other bands with us in the past. As a whole, we know we have accomplished some incredible things together - things we never thought we ever would accomplish. And we especially cherish the tradition and community that our music has created. That is inspiring and what keeps the fire burning, and i don't plan on ending this wonderful tradition and community that easily. I am looking forward to the future, honoring the past and grasping hold of the present with excitement. As always, when new members join a band, the sound may change. All I can hope is that you will all love my new music just as much, if not more than you have loved the old. This is just the next chapter. Band names might change (this is currently undecided) and people may go, but I put my heart into everything I write, and that will never change. Josh and Steve will be playing their last shows with Meriwether in the near future. We look forward to sharing those last days with all of you. So please come out and show your support for them. The shows will be spectacular, I'm sure of it. We have two coming up soon, that you can see listed below. I will also be playing some solo shows here and there, so keep a look out for those. You can also continue to see Steve perform as NightEater. Keep an eye out here for updates for when ! there is news, we will share. Again, thank you for all of your support over the last seven years.

July 15, Ruston, LA - Rabb's - 18+

July 16, Baton Rouge, LA - The Varsity Theatre 18+
06:34 PM on 07/05/10
Mandee, darling
stay useless.
User Info.
Bummer, I loved Make Your Move. Good luck to each member who's leaving, as well as those who're continuing the band.
06:46 PM on 07/05/10
NationalProduct
User Info.
i liked these guys
07:29 PM on 07/05/10
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
i liked their older demos, like r.i.p. new orleans, but after downloading the newer stuff (i think the album art was a snake or something) and listening to it, i deleted it. i'd probably check out the new material when it comes out, though.
08:27 PM on 07/05/10
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
sounds sincere...but i think being a traveling member of ten years would be boring. i never heard od meriweather but it was wrong they were ditched for 10 years
09:02 PM on 07/05/10
Ashur
Shitty musician.
User Info.
This is really upsetting, these guys always hold a place in my heart as I have so many good memories tied to them and their music. I wish them well on all their journeys in the future!
09:03 PM on 07/05/10
sureinporcelain
cherry cheeks on Chicago nights
User Info.
Bummer indeed. Make Your Move and Sons of Our Fathers were fantastic. Good luck to all
09:18 PM on 07/05/10
NationalProduct
User Info.
that song Ay Julian is sick
09:29 PM on 07/05/10
whenyourearound
ad astra per aspera
User Info.
thats the song i remember most from them, great tune
10:42 PM on 07/05/10
gurby
the kids can't lose
User Info.
so fucking good. always thought these guys were underrated.
11:45 PM on 07/05/10
AFSjulian
I am your big brother.
User Info.
Met these dudes when them and my old band opened for The Starting Line at HOB Cleveland way back in 07. They were super nice and put on an excellent show! Didn't hear much about them after that, but I wish them the best in all they do! And yes, "Ay Julian" was indeed a jam!
01:03 AM on 07/06/10
oh no its colin
User Info.
i played with these dudes once in a basement-esque show in Columbia, SC once. they were pretty intense and absolutely swell people. very hopeful for what everyone's going to do next. good luck, dudes.
05:24 AM on 07/06/10
Mario57
We can gallop upon the sea...
User Info.
Good luck for the future, i liked their last album.
06:03 AM on 07/06/10
Naenia
Ay payita mia, guardate la poesia
User Info.
Aw man, Meriwether were/are one of my favorite bands. I loved absolutely everything they did from Via The Rose to If You Had Guts, I'd Hate 'Em. Oh well, it's always interesting to see these things develop.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests