Username
Password

10:41 PM on 07/06/10 
User Info.
middlenameboom
Briefcase Wanker
San Jose, California
Male - 29 Years Old
As far as I can tell no one has started this thread yet. So here is the new comic book thread.

Hopefully I won't fall to the first post curse that the 3 original posters fell pray to.

I've got a question for everybody. Did anybody else notice on the covers of the Scott Pilgrim graphic novels that Ramona appears more times than Scott?

Also what did people think of the Invincible Iron Man Annual this week? The Mandarin life story was pretty interesting.
07:56 AM on 07/07/10 
User Info.
ReadyForAction
life in the greenhouse effect
Pembroke Pines, FL
Male - 24 Years Old
I've got a question for everybody. Did anybody else notice on the covers of the Scott Pilgrim graphic novels that Ramona appears more times than Scott?

I'd say thats because she drives the narrative along even though Scott is the main character. It is HER boyfriends that Scott has to beat, so she is providing the conflict.
11:53 AM on 07/07/10 
User Info.
Dino Day
For the Glory of Humanity
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 23 Years Old
I gotta get more into Graphic Novels.
12:07 PM on 07/07/10 
User Info.
wall e
@mattobrien37
Agawam, MA
Male - 24 Years Old
Just read Identity Crisis for the first time, it was a masterpiece.
04:37 PM on 07/07/10 
User Info.
aealeman
Houston, TX
Female - 27 Years Old

Oh man. You thought that was killer, you need to read 52. I'd also recommend Meltzer's "Justice League of America: The Tornado's Path."
07:05 PM on 07/07/10 
User Info.
middlenameboom
Briefcase Wanker
San Jose, California
Male - 29 Years Old

I read Identity Crisis right as it was coming out, but it was also right when I got back into comics, so some of the impact was lost on me. I should probably re-read it, but I'm guessing it won't be the same since I still remember who the killer is. I remember the fake out at the end of issue 6 was particularity interesting.

In other news Scarlet comes out this week. I'm pretty interested in it because it's Bendis' first creator owned work in like forever.

Plus Shadowland, Young Avengers: Childern's Crusade, and the new Hellboy series starts.

Also everyone should check out the Casanova reprint that comes out this week.
09:40 AM on 07/08/10 
User Info.
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
Oshawa, Ontario
Male - 20 Years Old
I bought my first ever Comic Book/Graphic Novel on the Weekend. The first Marvel Zombies. I really liked it, so I was gonna go to the comic book store that is near my house, only to find out it recently shut down. I now have clue where to get them around me
10:28 AM on 07/08/10 
User Info.
aealeman
Houston, TX
Female - 27 Years Old
I bought my first ever Comic Book/Graphic Novel on the Weekend. The first Marvel Zombies. I really liked it, so I was gonna go to the comic book store that is near my house, only to find out it recently shut down. I now have clue where to get them around me

If you have any Barnes & Noble or Borders stores near you they do carry graphic novels. Then there is always Amazon.
10:05 PM on 07/08/10 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Shadowland is off to a pretty awesome start, Second Coming's ending pleased me even if it was kind of expected, and I'm curious to see where all this X-Men/Vampire stuff goes. I don't know if I'm expecting either bullshit Twilight cash-grab or a cool new spin on the vampire genre.
04:21 PM on 07/09/10 
User Info.
middlenameboom
Briefcase Wanker
San Jose, California
Male - 29 Years Old
Anybody else read Scarlet this week? I actually thought it was really good. It was certainly unique.

Avengers Childern's Crusade was a tad boring though. Hopefully it will pick up in the next issue.
04:25 PM on 07/09/10 
User Info.
middlenameboom
Briefcase Wanker
San Jose, California
Male - 29 Years Old

Best place to get comics online http://www.instocktrades.com/
04:50 PM on 07/09/10 
User Info.
thursday727
Ole Ole Ole Ole
Wick City, FL
Male - 25 Years Old
Shadowland was like my dream event.
I wanted them to do a street level crossover for so long. IGN hated it though.
07:58 PM on 07/09/10 
User Info.
caveBEAR
( ω )
Palm Coast, FL
Male - 27 Years Old
Avengers Childern's Crusade was a tad boring though. Hopefully it will pick up in the next issue.

Agreed that it was a bit boring, but I chalk that up to Heinburg (did I get his name right?) bringing readers up to speed who may have skipped all Young Avenger related material not penned by him. Next issue will make or break my heart; I've been waiting for a proper sequel from these guys for what seems like forever.
08:44 PM on 07/10/10 
User Info.
middlenameboom
Briefcase Wanker
San Jose, California
Male - 29 Years Old
Agreed that it was a bit boring, but I chalk that up to Heinburg (did I get his name right?) bringing readers up to speed who may have skipped all Young Avenger related material not penned by him. Next issue will make or break my heart; I've been waiting for a proper sequel from these guys for what seems like forever.

I concur.
05:00 PM on 07/11/10 
User Info.
middlenameboom
Briefcase Wanker
San Jose, California
Male - 29 Years Old
I read shadowland.It was decent, but I'm not reading daredevil, so I feel a little lost. Can someone catch me up so I'm not so lost. The last ish of DD I read was the last ish of Brubakers run. Also the cliffhanger at the end of Shadowland was pretty crazy.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos