Far From Finished - 07.07.10
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Far From Finished
1. How did you get your band name?
Steve: With the name Far From Finished we wanted to pay tribute to the spirit of the punk rock / hardcore bands that we grew up listening to.
2. How did this band get started?
Steve: 2 kids in an abandoned church basement and a cancer ridden St. Bernard.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Pesky: Probably the bands that just keep making music and touring and living life how they want. It's the classic case of "if they can do it, why can't we?" after being in the game for a little while that's what influences you the most, the songwriting has already been learned and practiced and you don't need to be influenced in that way. Consciously at least. You need to be influenced to continue and not give up.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
Oscar: The Ramones. I always wanted to play a show with a dead guy.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Oscar: A mouse, so I could run away after I bit someone.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Pesky: It's the easiest way to decide if you like us or not. As a band of course, not as people. That you can figure out by coming to our shows and talking to us.
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?
Steve: "Arthur Avenue." The solo after the bridge is real fasty.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Pesky: Probably whoever paid the board of trustees or the members or whoever put us on the nominee list in the first place.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Oscar: Get rid of all the crooks and all of the half hearted people.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Oscar: 20 hours as detainees in an airport cell at heathrow airport in london. Shoe bombers, political refugees, and Far From Finished. It's great to be deported.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Steve: online resource for great independent music.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Heroes and Ghosts.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Pesky: Anywhere we can manage to get to in between trying to make a life in the music "industry."
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Pesky: Depends on how far back you want to go. Raggedy Ann and Andy, Paula Abdul, the friggin monster mash sometimes. Certain lullabies and nursery rhymes. That's what reminds me of my childhood. I don't think we had older people to show us the rebellious way at an early age, we had to find it for ourselves. That meant becoming old enough that your mother would drop you off at a mall or you could ride your bike to a record store so you could steal CD's and hang out with the degenerates. Maybe that's why it's still important to us, because we had to search it out. I don't think the punk rock roots go much further back than adolescence.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Oscar and Steve: To have new socks appear on feet everyday.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
Pesky: We've been on a tour with around 800 people for the last 2 weeks and no one's sucking our cocks yet so I'd have to say no. And thank christ. Making a living is something worth striving for but it's not something to base band decisions on, and it's definitely not why we do this. If that was the case, this band would have disappeared quite some time ago
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Oscar: That Steve chewed off his hand in an angry fit when he was six.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Oscar: Festivus, it's for the rest of us.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Oscar: We can all eat a large pizza in under two minutes.
09:24 AM on 07/09/10
Best super power answer I've read.
Buy The Music