AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Serianna - 07.05.10

Serianna - 07.05.10

Interviewed by
Serianna - 07.05.10The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Serianna
www.myspace.com/seriannarocks

1. How did you get your name?
We got our band name from a very famous guitar player named Jason Becker. We all view him as one of the best guitarists/musicians that had their career cut short. Jason had this song that titled "serranna" that is a brilliant sequence of arpeggios. We thought the name was very catchy, and modified it a bit to our current name Serianna. We thought the name was elegant and classy sounding....a perfect fit for a band with double bass, breakdowns, and vocal lows - ha!

2. When did you started performing and recording as Serianna?

We have been performing and recording as Serianna for the last 3 and half years.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
August Burns Red, Parkway Drive, Miss May I, Killswitch Engage, Veil of Maya, Trivium, Lamb of God

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would it be and why?
August Burns Red definitely because they are such a huge influence on our music, and it would just be incredible to share the stage with them every night. Killswitch Engage would be fun to tour with because I imagine there is never a dull moment when Adam D is around, haha

5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
Chris N.- a meerkat because they look like they have so much fun! Plus I’d be best friends with Pumba.
James - I would be a wasp. I would be a wasp because it serves no real purpose in nature. It does not pollinate things, and it doesn't make honey. A wasp goes on a tear of destruction and destroys whoever is in its way, ha!

6. Why should people listen to your band?

We have something different to bring to the table. Our music does not contain any explicit lyrics or profanities that you see all too often in this genre today. Each song talks about becoming a better person, or overcoming the hard times in your life. Also, a lot of bands these days are straying away from riffs. We've always been huge fans of guitar riffs, harmonies, and melodies, so we try to take advantage of that! We hope people will recognize that we put our hearts into every song we write.

7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star on expert?

I think "Redeemer" would be pretty awesome to have on Guitar Hero or Rock Band. It’s a pretty heavy song at a fast tempo, so I think to five-star on expert would be really tough. There are plenty of riffs in there that would keep kids trying!

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?

Joel at JTW Studios, our families, Tom Klein, our fans who have stood by us and supported local music as well as all of the local bands we've had the privilege of sharing the stage with, and of course our new manager (Nate Steinheimer of Rosaline).

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?

If we could change something about the music industry, we would make it so there are more radio stations that play metal. Even though it's not as mainstream, there is still a huge market for metal. I would be nice to hear something different than radio rock and pop throughout the airwaves.

10. Memorable tour experience?
We always have a great time on the road so there are too many experiences to count. However, this summer while we were in Michigan, Chris Ferraro, our drummer, was having severe inner ear pain so we had to take him to the hospital. He turned out fine, but it was one heck of an incident.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?

It means a great chance to spread the word of great up and coming artists.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
James M - "Destroyer". The song is fast and has plenty of bouncy breakdowns in it that make you want to jump! I love getting people off their feet!

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
California, Florida, or Vegas!

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Michael Jackson, The Hansons, Marky Mark, Vanilla Ice, Metallica...basically music that got us to where we are today, ha!

16. Do you feel that you have "made it" as an artist?
To “make it” is a pretty hard thing to define. As far as making music we love to play and listen to, then yeah I’ll say that we’ve “made it”. Nothing beats seeing people getting into the music that you are placing in front of them. If “making it” means to be famous and to have sold millions of records, then we’re not quite there yet.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Fans might not know that when we write new songs, we're rarely even in the same room. We write all of our music on the computer through a midi program called Acid Pro. James will write riffs and and send them to Chris, our drummer, and he will write from his computer at home. It's a good way for us to sit back and pick apart pieces of our songs until we're 100% satisfied with how everything sounds.

18. What's your favorite holiday?
Chris N- Fourth Of July
James M-Halloween
Lee M-New Years Eve!

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
When we're not all working, we're constantly writing new music and trying to push ourselves to write better and better songs. Video games can sometimes be a plague that takes up free time, haha. Otherwise we love to practice, bike, play Frisbee, and work out.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
James M-I'm one heck of a ping pong player, ha! People think it's a lame "sport" but nothing gets you going like spiking it as hard as you can off of your opponents face! I can also juggle haha

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests