Username
Password
Band Break-Up News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Band Break-Up
Inside AP.net

Standard of Living Announce Last Show, Merch Sale

Posted by: Tony Pascarella (07/14/10)
Standard of Living will be playing their last show this Saturday. They've posted both EPs for $2.99 each as well as a bundle with both EPs and one of the few remaining shirts for $9.99 here. The band's statement is in the replies, and it appears there's a new project on the horizon.

Displaying posts 1 - 11 of 11
02:50 PM on 07/14/10
Tony Pascarella
User
User Info.
Band Statement:

Dear Friends,

We are hoping that everyone will be able to make it out to the show on July 16th as it will prove to be an awesome night for Buffalo music, but also an emotional night for the members of Standard Of Living. We’ve gone through a lot the last year, and have decided that the show on the 16th will be our last as SOL. We’re hoping that you will come out and celebrate something that has been a part of our lives for the past 8 years, something we are very proud of and very grateful for. We want to thank every supporter of our music, from the forgotten “The Keys that you leave …” days, to our present “Paint the Night” EP. We never would have made it as far as we have without the help of so many amazing individuals.

Our friends and fans have given us so many great memories to take with us. We are constantly lifted up by the kindness and enthusiasm from others and because of this Ken, Josh, and I are continuing to make music together. We have continued to write music that we are proud of, and will be launching a new project in the coming months. We spent a lot of time evolving over the last year and we found ourselves shedding our skin as Standard Of Living. Rather than fighting these changes, we made a decision to start something new, and we’re more proud of the new project than anything we have ever done. Rather than leaving you all wondering endlessly, we are going to make a formal detailed announcement about this project on Monday July 26. It will be a fresh start for us and will introduce a new face or two. Thank you so much for your support over all these years, and we hope you will continue with us on the journey ahead.

With love and gratitude,
Josh, Ken, and Clayton
Standard of Living
02:56 PM on 07/14/10
ACA
Next Show: Braid/GreatBigPileLeaves
User Info.
Still have this band's first album on my iPod and listen fairly regularly. "They Say" is awesome.
03:02 PM on 07/14/10
kmc
User Info.
I really enjoyed SOL's music, but I'm excited to see what happens with their new project.
04:08 PM on 07/14/10
scmaley
And away we go
User Info.
Aw. I definitely love these guys.
10:28 PM on 07/14/10
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Sad about this.
12:10 AM on 07/15/10
SteveLikesMusic
I'm A Man, Dammit
User Info.
I honestly didn't know anyone knew them outside of Buffalo.
07:59 AM on 07/15/10
Wisher
eh
User Info.
Wow never heard of this band til now, but they were damn good. Really sucks they're breaking up.

Seems like the main three will be continuing to make music together? That's good news, I hope they get big.
11:04 PM on 07/15/10
blinkdude127
User Info.
One of the most underrated bands I can personally think of. It feels like if they got the right chance they could have gotten huge. Definitely one of the much better piano based bands of the last ten years. I remember finding out about them 6 or so years ago, thanks to the internet but without that I doubt I would of have ever heard them.
04:40 PM on 07/25/10
of the sky
hello
User Info.
Really sad to hear about the end of SOL, but I'm also really excited for this new project. Should be an announcement tomorrow... can't wait.
03:44 PM on 07/26/10
of the sky
hello
User Info.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles