AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Envy on the Coast News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Help EOTC Play Their Last Show At Temple Beth AM

Posted by - 11:29 AM on 07/15/10
There is a petition that has been started to get Envy on The Coast to play their last show at Temple Beth AM, where their careers started. While the band has not commited to the show, the organizers believe that they won't be able to ignore it if it becomes overwhelming. Join the cause here and check out the press release in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 52
11:29 AM on 07/15/10
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.

Press ReleaseDecember 4th, 2005. New Atlantic was set to perform. Sadly, no one got to see them that night as they donned themselves “Writ in Water” due to extenuating circumstances. 5 young men took the floor waiting to play their music in front of Long Island legend, John Nolan of Taking Back Sunday/Straylight Run. That was the first experience we all had with Envy on the Coast. Almost five years later, the band Long Island has grown to love, idolize, and develop with is no more. The sing alongs, the pile-ups, the moshing, the stage diving are now a thing of the past. Brian Byrne, Sal Bossio, Jer Velardi, and Ryan Hunter will never be a collective unit again…

July 14th, 2010. Two fans, friends, supporters, and more, have decided that the band deserves more than a send off, but a celebration of what they have created and what we can look forward to in the future. For many, EOTC is more than another band, but a group they followed religiously and grew with. From “Envy on the Coastline” and “Temper Temper” to “The Gift of Paralysis” and “Southern Comfort”, we’ve all been there.

We ask you, the fan, the friend, the supporter, and lastly, the family, to help out. We would like to see Envy play their last show in the 516, where they begun their journey, at the storied Temple Beth Am. By joining this group and posting pictures, stories, videos, anything, you are showing Ryan, Brian, Sal, and Jer that nothing would mean more to the Long Island community than a proper send off.

Regardless of past affiliations with various production companies, we come to you today as individuals who have grown with these artists and their music alike. We are mere fans looking to do something tremendous, and have it be the best possible goodbye. Despite everything, it would be monumental for the band to end their career back home, whether it be Temple Beth Am or not.

Do your part, and we’ll do ours.

Peace, Love, and 516.

Best Regards,

Michael George and Kevin O’Braskin
7/14/2010
11:31 AM on 07/15/10
HometownHero
User Info.
I supported this. Hope they play it for those kids.
11:33 AM on 07/15/10
sevinw0rds
Polyrhythms!
User Info.
Sounds like an amazing idea, hope it works out for those who can catch it.
11:35 AM on 07/15/10
Smash Adams
Ain't no thing like me, except me
User Info.
I remember when they were New Atlantic/Writ In Water
/swtbrag
/onlythingsweetaboutLongIsland
11:35 AM on 07/15/10
jwoody
User Info.
I had no idea they broke up...crushing
12:21 PM on 07/15/10
hiya
User Info.
that's cool and all but I'm assuming the place is tiny and it would make more sense to play some place larger on LI/NYC. Unless of course this would be in addition to the 3 shows they are planning, then go for it.
12:33 PM on 07/15/10
thexevidence
thexevidence
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Let's keep this movement going and bring good music for one last time back to LI! Make sure to join the facebook page and let all your friends know about this!!!
12:56 PM on 07/15/10
hot time in li
abandon ship or abandon all hope
User Info.
that's cool and all but I'm assuming the place is tiny and it would make more sense to play some place larger on LI/NYC. Unless of course this would be in addition to the 3 shows they are planning, then go for it.
Actually, Temple Beth Am holds more than 1,000 people. When EOTC played there in 2007, there was around 950 people there with room to fit more.
01:00 PM on 07/15/10
chrislauren
laa-dispute.tumblr.com
User Info.
I'll support this and i'd love to go, but where the heck is it?
01:01 PM on 07/15/10
hiya
User Info.
Actually, Temple Beth Am holds more than 1,000 people. When EOTC played there in 2007, there was around 950 people there with room to fit more.
oh, good to know.
01:01 PM on 07/15/10
chrislauren
laa-dispute.tumblr.com
User Info.
what town is it in?
01:02 PM on 07/15/10
JoeForPresident
Vocals/Guitar - Modern Chemistry
User Info.
thats pretty awesome
01:02 PM on 07/15/10
hot time in li
abandon ship or abandon all hope
User Info.
oh, good to know.
:) the temple is legit.

it's in merrick. heart of the south shore. 2 minute walk from the LIRR station.
01:04 PM on 07/15/10
lifeofaspectatr
User Info.
let's rage

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News