Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 45
09:12 PM on 07/15/10
oncedarkness
Listen to Josh Garrels
User Info.
Keagan, in case you don't already know, there is no need to ask whether evening will be released because Dave has come on here and stated that it will be. However, I am curious to know if it will be getting a retail CD/DVD release.

Also, how daunting (if at all) was it to gain back the fans that were there before Singularity was released? The EPs have been top notch (possibly equal to Everglow quality) so I'm wondering if that crossed their minds.
09:13 PM on 07/15/10
ATunderdogK
User Info.
Well Dave as well as all of the other guys have always been very driven and goal oriented guys. And that can be seen through the things that mae has done collectively as a group. So I would like to know any goals, big or small, (doesnt have to be personal) Dave has now and how he wants to accomplish them now. I ask because I know that this has to be a significant change personally so I'm interested in knowing what he wants to achieve now, or if he knows at all. And if not, what does he feel is the first step hes going to make at least?
09:19 PM on 07/15/10
Imperfektion
All I need are sounds of ecstasy.
User Info.
Throughout the years how has the band progressed with each record?
What can fans expect for the upcoming tour?
What was the main reason the (e)vening EP was delayed? Was it because your van was stolen?
09:20 PM on 07/15/10
Silva
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Can Mae PLEASE play the Everglow in full from front to back in Boston? and let us know beforehand so I can convince my sister and girlfriend to go?

What can we expect from Dave/Jacob in the future? Will they start a new project by themselves? Any chance we get more piano driven music from these guys in the future?

do the lyrics "when was the night that showed us the sign? revealed in the sky to leave all behind" reference the star of Bethlehem?
09:26 PM on 07/15/10
CrystalCoveBand
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I know the (e)vening EP is getting a tour edition release but will it get a cd/dvd release like (m)orning and (a)fternoon?
10:38 PM on 07/15/10
timb89
Australian Music Roundup
User Info.
ask them why the havent announced a goodbye tour for australia? :(
11:28 PM on 07/15/10
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
Are there any plans to release vinyl pressings of Destination: Beautiful and The Everglow?

This. I'd like to know if they've considered releasing a box set vinyl of morning, afternoon and evening (or some type of collection for the three EPs).

And of course, if they've given thought to releasing past records on vinyl like Copeland has been doing for the past year in preparation to their departure.

I'd also like to know about the departure of the other members - was it tough breaking it to them that they were being replaced by the former members. And as far as the songwriting process for (e)vening goes, did the returning members have any participation in it.

Finally,did donations help Mae buy some of the stuff that got stolen.
03:25 AM on 07/16/10
thesollopsist
Up all night, and down all day
User Info.
Is he continuing to play music after Mae?

Will there be a UK farewell tour?

Will they record anymore material?

Why split up now when you're doing so well?
03:42 AM on 07/16/10
rosielikesyou
series of tubes
User Info.
What's the next step after Mae in terms of musical endeavors for each of the band members? Any tentative projects or plans? Also, what is the band's overall perspective of Mae's musical achievements, looking back on all the albums/EPs?
04:31 AM on 07/16/10
stuckonsmile
Singer; songwriter youtube/mrowks
User Info.
Will Dave continue to make music outside of Mae, while they take their break?
06:48 AM on 07/16/10
jeremyfromva
Going back to my corner to write.
User Info.
Will they release the final Evening song before the album comes out? I remember they stated it would be available in May, but it is now July. Sleep Well is amazing, but I need a new song on the site!
06:55 AM on 07/16/10
CrystalCoveBand
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ask them why the havent announced a goodbye tour for australia? :(
Dave sent this to me in a message after i asked him on his AP profile about possible australian shows

DaveMAE vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true);Mae / Dave

User Info. vbmenu_register("moremenu_", true);

http://absolutepunk.net/thumb/thumb....w=50&h=50&zc=1
we are crossing our fingers and hoping to be on 2011's soundwave festival but we would also love to play as many clubs show in AZ as possible. whatever you may be able to do to spread the word that MAE wishes to be back in AZ come the new year would be great!

thanks sean!

-dave
07:29 AM on 07/16/10
raptorz44
One Who Gets Away/NJ Success Story
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
What inspired you to do the charity EPs and to have the money go to Habitat For Humanity, along with helping someone's house be built?

Yeah, that's terribly worded.
09:46 AM on 07/16/10
marfawkah02
User Info.
what happen to the (e)veing album? (m)orning & (a)fternoon were both amazing, when will the last one see the light of day?
09:50 AM on 07/16/10
risew/thefallen
i was a teenage anarchist.
User Info.
will playing local shows after the farewell tour be something that the band would possibly do from time to time? Norfolk/Virginia Beach miss MAE.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos