Coachillin'?
User Info.
wow nice to see this get reviewed.
01:22 PM on 10/17/06
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
User Info.
band is the shit, if only they'd play in the US

Theyre touring with ISIS early next year in support of their new full length.

I dont really get the SunnO))) comparison, but oh well...I'd rec Jesu way before SunnO))).

The SunnO)))/Boris collab album is spectacular though.
01:23 PM on 10/17/06
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
User Info.
Nevermind, I just checked out your bands in your profile, you know what's up, haha.

haha anything Justin Broadrick touches is pretty much gold. Dudes track record is absurd. Godflesh, Napalm Death, Jesu...his ISIS and Pelican remixes are usually pretty good also.
01:31 PM on 10/17/06
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
User Info.
I didn't compare them to Sunn0))) I haven't even listened to them yet. Yeah I haven't heard any of his ISIS or Pelican remixes yet but I'm going to try and get my hands on them. I know he has an industrial techno band to, I forget the name. I am going to have a review up for the latest Napalm Death album soon as well.

ya i saw that dude in the replies compare them though. Godflesh is the industrial band.

I have that new Napalm Death cd but i havent gotten around to listening yet. Ive heard good things though. keep up the good reviews, your most recent reviews have easily been some of the best ive seen on this site in ages.
02:05 PM on 10/17/06
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
User Info.
i wasn't comparing them, i was just saying if you like atmospheric music Sunn O))) is a crazy band people should check out, Jesu >>>>> Sunn O))) don't get me wrong

gotcha. I agree with that. the SunnO)))/Boris collab is great though, if you havent definitely check that out.
02:09 PM on 10/17/06
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
User Info.
i just got into Sunn O))), who is Boris? I'll definately look around for that album, though with the trouble i had locating Black One it might be a while

I think i saw a link for it, ill look for it in a sec. Boris is a japanese group...the collab cd is basically SunnO))) if they were actually accesible.
02:11 PM on 10/17/06
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
User Info.
02:13 PM on 10/17/06
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
User Info.
Is Boris signed to a states based label? I'd love to review SunnO))) as well. What a fucking tripped out name though. Cult Of Luna is pretty fucking sweet to I heard... I think that is the name, I always get them confused with some other shitty band. Has anyone heard Riddle Of Steel? Those guys are pretty nuts to.

Boris are on temporary residence in the states. Same with Mono/Envy/Eluvium/explosions in the sky.

Cult of Luna are awesome, along the lines of ISIS.

Ive never heard of Riddle of Steel.
02:14 PM on 10/17/06
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
User Info.
oh dude thanks very much, i really appreciate it

no prob, enjoy.
02:17 PM on 10/17/06
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
User Info.
Envy owned so hard when i saw them over the summer. Ive been a fan for awhile but Insomniac Doze elevated them sooooooo much in my opinion.
02:59 PM on 10/17/06
irthetyler
Coachillin'?
User Info.
so i went out and picked up the hope conspiracy based on your review and hated it. not your fault at all just dont like it, too generic for me. This sounds alot better and ive also heard good things about sunno))) and envy so maybe ill check this out. but before anything i wanna check out envy. you do a good job though pat.

i posted Envy's entire discography in generalforum awhile back, search around for it if you want.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos