AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 20 posts.
12:37 PM on 10/17/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Thanks guys, if you do -- let me know about it. Such a great album for sure.
12:40 PM on 10/17/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
band is the shit, if only they'd play in the US
Haha... well Hydra Head is based in the U.S... I am sure that is why they decided to sign w/ them to create some sort of a buzz over here. I kow Napalm Death was signed to Century Media... but they have a label and like a bunch of countries, I think...
12:41 PM on 10/17/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
for all those who like Jesu, you should check out Sunn O))), they are just as sick, but definately more bizarre...
I have heard so many insane things about this band, I think someone here has reviewed them.
01:06 PM on 10/17/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
ya they are really insane...i don't know much about them at all but the album black one is really awesome, i really don't know how to descibe it except for intense
Haha, yeah it was kind of hard to describe this album as well. The reoccuring thing that came to my mind is being in snow...
01:20 PM on 10/17/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
SunnO))) is one of the best live bands I've ever seen. Very atmospheric. Almost creepy.

I will have to check out Jesu based on the review and that comparison.
Really, ya should check them out dude SO FUCKING GOOD. I can't get over this.
01:21 PM on 10/17/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
wow nice to see this get reviewed.
Whoaaa, I need to get into the forums more often, for some reason I didn't think you would like this?
01:22 PM on 10/17/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Nevermind, I just checked out your bands in your profile, you know what's up, haha.
01:28 PM on 10/17/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Theyre touring with ISIS early next year in support of their new full length.

I dont really get the SunnO))) comparison, but oh well...I'd rec Jesu way before SunnO))).

The SunnO)))/Boris collab album is spectacular though.
I didn't compare them to Sunn0))) I haven't even listened to them yet. Yeah I haven't heard any of his ISIS or Pelican remixes yet but I'm going to try and get my hands on them. I know he has an industrial techno band to, I forget the name. I am going to have a review up for the latest Napalm Death album soon as well.
01:48 PM on 10/17/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Pat does the best reviews.
I love Jesu
Thanks br0000. I'm working on Full Blown Chaos, kind of sucks ass.
01:49 PM on 10/17/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
ya i saw that dude in the replies compare them though. Godflesh is the industrial band.

I have that new Napalm Death cd but i havent gotten around to listening yet. Ive heard good things though. keep up the good reviews, your most recent reviews have easily been some of the best ive seen on this site in ages.
For real dude? I'm very critical of my writing. Funny thing is, I want to be a writer. Ah, who knows. But thanks for the compliment dude.
02:12 PM on 10/17/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Is Boris signed to a states based label? I'd love to review SunnO))) as well. What a fucking tripped out name though. Cult Of Luna is pretty fucking sweet to I heard... I think that is the name, I always get them confused with some other shitty band. Has anyone heard Riddle Of Steel? Those guys are pretty nuts to.
02:16 PM on 10/17/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
Boris are on temporary residence in the states. Same with Mono/Envy/Eluvium/explosions in the sky.

Cult of Luna are awesome, along the lines of ISIS.

Ive never heard of Riddle of Steel.
Envy is fucking insane, those guys are so good. I reached out to Level-Plane and they said they will be sending me a ton of CD's to review, I'm stoked.. You should check out Riddle Of Steel, they really making things super fuckin interesting.
02:19 PM on 10/17/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
i've now discovered the worst thing about AP.net...it's the fact that there are so many good recs every day i dont have time to check them all out, or have space for them on my iPod...
Damn, you have used up your iPod all the way? Haha, I hate to say it, because I don't think I could, but maybe you should go through and delete some space.
02:26 PM on 10/17/06
Pat Marquez
User Info.
haha i could never...those songs are my babies...im hoping to get an upgrade in size for christmas, and a new computer since i've filled them both with music
Damn bro, that is insane. How much music do you have? I used to have 20,000 plus songs but I deleted them on because I had fucked up my CPU so bad.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests