|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
Casting Curses - 07.09.10
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
We borrowed it from a Fairweather song.
2. How did this band get started?
Many moons and members ago somewhere in the woods of New York. We practiced in one of the campus classrooms after hours.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Our new EP is a cocktail of Bars, Orange 9mm, The Suicide File, and Hopesfall.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
It would be a touring festival of Counting Crows, Burn, Matchbox 20, Deftones and Texas is the Reason to combine all my unrelated tastes in music. I would kill to be in the everyday presence of even one of those frontmen.
5. If you were a furry, what animal would you be? Why that animal?
A squirrel in memory of our favorite drummer, Squirrel.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
They should feel guilted into it because we're handicapped and unable to tour to them. For real though, it's well-written hardcore. Dare I say creative?
7. If you were chosen to be in Guitar Hero/Rock Band, what song would
you want in the game? How hard do you think it would be to five-star
"Second Coming" because I can still play some of it on real guitar. It wouldn't be challenging to play on any difficulty setting.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
My father, who released a karaoke album of his own, for passing on his talents to me.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I changed my major so I wouldn't have to.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Running into Emarosa in Montreal at a food court and not knowing who the hell they were. They were nice dudes.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
12. What is your favorite song to play?
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I've gone to the Adirondacks almost every year of my life. It's the most pristine, relaxing place to visit in our state.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
My shirt collection. Acceptance, Hum, Shiner, Failure, Oasis, Gatsby's American Dream, With Honor, Engine Down, Comeback Kid, Fairweather, and Spitalfield all bring back my high school days.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
X-ray vision because I'm a creep.
16. Do you feel that your band has "made it"?
We definitely have people following our releases around the world but haven't acted on it enough to take "the next step."
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We're still writing music.
18. What's your favorite holiday?
Halloween because everyone is literally wearing a conversation piece.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Sell hundreds of items each month on ebay. Bid with confidence.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Hopefully I'll demonstrate them on my solo record.
08:47 AM on 07/18/10
casting curses ftw. you make me cold all over again.
06:28 PM on 07/18/10
At least Kraus was honest about what a creep he is.
More From This Author
Buy the Music