Username
Password

01:04 AM on 07/19/10 
User Info.
xent
this is what separates me from you!
Philippines
Female - 20 Years Old
what the heck are those?!.They are also the same.What are there differences!(actually,they sound the same)
can someone explain me what is an EP...DEMO ALBUM...and A FULL LENGTH ALBUM??
01:09 AM on 07/19/10 
User Info.
showmethefever
Love take me down to the streets.
Seattle, WA
Male - 21 Years Old
Oh, where to begin with this?
02:14 AM on 07/19/10 
User Info.
OhNoVandetos
Crestwood Australia
Male - 24 Years Old
Oh, where to begin with this?

she should of began at google
02:18 AM on 07/19/10 
User Info.
summer skin
Las Vegas, NV
Male - 25 Years Old
wats DP mean?
03:08 AM on 07/19/10 
User Info.
CalRahhh
I Want That You Are Always Happy
NSW, Australia
Male - 22 Years Old
srsly?
04:07 AM on 07/19/10 
User Info.
Smeee
AP.net's Resident Staryu
Birmingham, UK
Male - 23 Years Old
What's an internet and where can I buy one?
04:54 AM on 07/19/10 
User Info.
nulemoni
I am the D
East Lansing, MI
Male - 31 Years Old
EP is short for Extended Play. Back when they had records (vinyl records and not for nostalgia reasons), the amount of time on each side was limited. Typically, bands would record more songs during the recording session than would fit on the album. A few months after the release of the album, they would release the 'Extended Play' or a 4-7 track release that would contain the remaining songs and would essentially be an extension of the album. These days, the EP just refers to a 4-7 track release. Many bands have an EP as their first release. For reasons being that it's cheaper to record 5 songs instead of 10, that EP's usually sell for $5 and people are more willing to spend $5 instead of $10 for a band they've never heard of, and that the band may only have written enough songs to make up an EP. Bands use to practice and play shows for years before they recorded, that's not the case anymore.

Demo is a crude unpolished recorded version of a song/album made before entering the big studio. Studio time is/was very very expensive. The band would not want to waste time in the studio trying to arrange the songs themselves. So what they would do is at home or in a cheaper inexpensive studio record rough versions of the songs for their own uses or sometimes to show a producer/record label what to expect on their new album. The vast majority of the time, demos are not circulated to the public.

Full Length Album is fairly self explanatory. It's an album of enough tracks to consider it an entire record. This would be the finished album that would be recorded in the studio.
05:22 AM on 07/19/10 
User Info.
xtsukiyamax
Little Fockers.
Malaysia
Male - 20 Years Old
05:46 AM on 07/19/10 
User Info.
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
chicago
Male - 28 Years Old
EP is short for Extended Play. Back when they had records (vinyl records and not for nostalgia reasons), the amount of time on each side was limited. Typically, bands would record more songs during the recording session than would fit on the album. A few months after the release of the album, they would release the 'Extended Play' or a 4-7 track release that would contain the remaining songs and would essentially be an extension of the album. These days, the EP just refers to a 4-7 track release. Many bands have an EP as their first release. For reasons being that it's cheaper to record 5 songs instead of 10, that EP's usually sell for $5 and people are more willing to spend $5 instead of $10 for a band they've never heard of, and that the band may only have written enough songs to make up an EP. Bands use to practice and play shows for years before they recorded, that's not the case anymore.

Demo is a crude unpolished recorded version of a song/album made before entering the big studio. Studio time is/was very very expensive. The band would not want to waste time in the studio trying to arrange the songs themselves. So what they would do is at home or in a cheaper inexpensive studio record rough versions of the songs for their own uses or sometimes to show a producer/record label what to expect on their new album. The vast majority of the time, demos are not circulated to the public.

Full Length Album is fairly self explanatory. It's an album of enough tracks to consider it an entire record. This would be the finished album that would be recorded in the studio.

Thanks for taking one for the team.
05:47 AM on 07/19/10 
User Info.
cwhit412
College Park, MD
Male - 21 Years Old
what the heck are those?!.They are also the same.What are there differences!(actually,they sound the same)
can someone explain me what is an EP...DEMO ALBUM...and A FULL LENGTH ALBUM??

Their*
05:57 AM on 07/19/10 
User Info.
stereokiller
Howdy.
Male - 22 Years Old
Whoa, she's Filipino too.

Will not bash just because of that.
06:05 AM on 07/19/10 
User Info.
nulemoni
I am the D
East Lansing, MI
Male - 31 Years Old
Thanks for taking one for the team.

I figured someone should actually answer the question. Plus most music fans don't know the origin on the ep...
06:23 AM on 07/19/10 
User Info.
xent
this is what separates me from you!
Philippines
Female - 20 Years Old

thanks for this :)
i really understood now!
06:45 AM on 07/19/10 
User Info.
stereokiller
Howdy.
Male - 22 Years Old
thanks for this :)
i really understood now!

are you really from PH?
06:47 AM on 07/19/10 
User Info.