Password

Album Review

Children 18:3 - Rain's A Comin' Album Cover

Children 18:3 - Rain's A Comin'

Reviewed by
Children 18:3 - Rain's A Comin'
Record Label: Tooth & Nail
Release Date: June 29, 2010
This review is a user submitted review from thepianominstre. You can see all of thepianominstre's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9
10:22 PM on 07/22/10
superBMRuth
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeit
User Info.
they had me hooked with Cover Your Eyes, but the rest of the album doesn't really live up to the energy they establish on the first record and the beginning of this one. Not bad, just mildly disappointing.
01:29 AM on 07/23/10
awakeohsleeper
We never met, you and I
User Info.
Good review. I always enjoy this band when I listen to them on Myspace but I don't think I could handle buying and listening to a whole album.
05:26 AM on 07/23/10
thepianominstre
@joshuahedlund
User Info.
they had me hooked with Cover Your Eyes, but the rest of the album doesn't really live up to the energy they establish on the first record and the beginning of this one. Not bad, just mildly disappointing.
Exactly. And I hate to be "that fan" that wants to pin them into one style of music and never change, because I like bands from all sorts of genres and styles. It just doesn't feel quite as energetic. It's ironic that I thought the first album was so great that I tried to get everybody to listen to it because I thought you'd like it no matter what genres you were into, and even though this album technically covers more sonic ground I feel less enthusiastic about trying to get everybody to listen to it.

I still think the band members are awesome, genuine, and ridiculously talented (and their supportive parents as well), and I completely support them; they're one of my favorite bands right now that's making new music. I just don't feel like this album lives up to the potential they have. That being said, it still has a lot of catchy songs that get stuck in my head and the album may grow on me like many albums do... Most of the reviews I've seen for this album have been pretty positive, and from what I can tell the fan response has been pretty good, so I guess I don't speak for everyone...
05:28 AM on 07/23/10
thepianominstre
@joshuahedlund
User Info.
Good review. I always enjoy this band when I listen to them on Myspace but I don't think I could handle buying and listening to a whole album.
Thanks. I feel that way about other genres, so to each his own, but I still recommend the entire first album to anybody that enjoys talented, passionate music. And for better or worse the second one is short enough that I think you could handle the whole thing... there's still some great tracks on it.
11:09 AM on 07/23/10
hello299
User Info.
I always thought this was a hardcore band because of their name.
12:44 PM on 07/30/10
diempty
User Info.
Good review. I really like this album. I think that it's still fast pace like the 1st album and really just breaks out.

Thumbs up like always for 18:3
06:31 AM on 07/31/10
thepianominstre
@joshuahedlund
User Info.
Good review. I really like this album. I think that it's still fast pace like the 1st album and really just breaks out.

Thumbs up like always for 18:3
Thanks.

And I do say that even in just the last week the "weaker" songs have been growing on me... it will end up being one of my top of the year I have no doubt about that.
04:17 PM on 09/30/10
inthemidst
Grace and Peace
User Info.
This album was my introduction to Children 18:3, and unfortunately the album left me wanting. The first two tracks are great, but then it just kind of drifts along. I also wrote a review for the album if you want to read it.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos