Username
Password
Hip-Hop News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 32.
10:32 PM on 07/20/10
nickstetina
User Info.
SUCH A GOOD DEAL! This is awesome.

For those of you picking up just P.O.S. and Atmosphere, grab Mac Lethal, Abilities, and Semi-Official to round out the five. You won't be disappointed.
Picked these all up on a whim. Maybe it's because I'm tired and I have money sitting in my paypal from selling ebay items, but I hope this is worth it, haha.
10:33 PM on 07/20/10
Cody Nelson
facebook.com/comedyfiends
User Info.
Picked these all up on a whim. Maybe it's because I'm tired and I have money sitting in my paypal from selling ebay items, but I hope this is worth it, haha.
I guarantee you will not be let down.
10:56 PM on 07/20/10
ctmk
Get him a cranberry juice
User Info.
some great stuff right here will be making multiple purchases
11:41 PM on 07/20/10
Unique Dragon
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Is anyone else having a problem placing an order?
06:56 AM on 07/21/10
ignition
Between the lines of age
User Info.
I had to use paypal because the CC form wasn't working for some reason.

I grabbed POS, Atmosphere, I Self Divine, Dynospectrum, and Grayskul. Shipping was better than I expected, too (~$5).
08:16 AM on 07/21/10
Wisher
mattvogelphoto.com
User Info.
all these guys are seriously so talented it's unreal.
09:01 AM on 07/21/10
Figure8Guitar
User Info.
Yes, everyone that is taking advantage of this deal should pick up 11:11 by Mac Lethal. I love that album!
Definitely agree. That album's been in my top 3 hip hop albums for a couple of years now. The only thing about Mac is that he goes all out when expressing his point of view about something (and that's a nice way of saying it), so I could see how someone who didn't agree wouldn't like him or even be a little offended by him haha
11:01 AM on 07/21/10
weworemasks
save the drama for wilmer valderama
User Info.
Thank you sir. I trust your taste in this genre above all on this website.

AI really want to hear that early POS and I haven't heard anyone else on that list, so I got those four you mentioned.

no shots at the guy cause he's pretty cool, but this is from the hip-hop thread:

Originally Posted by Indoor Living
When I first started listening to the stuff posted in here, I loved a majority of the recs. For some reason, the past few weeks, none of it does it for me. I don't know why. I've never checked out Nahright or Spine before though (I've seriously only listened to hip-hop for like 4 or 5 months, haha), so maybe those will give me something.

i think it's funny that you trust someone's whose opinion on hip-hop has more likely than not been formulated as scraps of everyone else's in the general forum hip-hop discussion thread above anyone else's opinion on this site.

hell, you even have two staffers that would know more about hip-hop.
11:42 AM on 07/21/10
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
no shots at the guy cause he's pretty cool, but this is from the hip-hop thread:

i think it's funny that you trust someone's whose opinion on hip-hop has more likely than not been formulated as scraps of everyone else's in the general forum hip-hop discussion thread above anyone else's opinion on this site.

hell, you even have two staffers that would know more about hip-hop.
Lol this is funny, because I actually thought that HE was YOU. You're the guy who always owns me in hip hop conversations when I have them like, two times a month lol. So yeah, I thought he was you.
11:46 AM on 07/21/10
weworemasks
User Info.
Lol this is funny, because I actually thought that HE was YOU. You're the guy who always owns me in hip hop conversations when I have them like, two times a month lol. So yeah, I thought he was you.
hahaha, that's pretty ridiculous. i wasn't trying to be mean to the dude but i distinctly remember that quote from the other thread and had to make sure it was him.
11:50 AM on 07/21/10
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
hahaha, that's pretty ridiculous. i wasn't trying to be mean to the dude but i distinctly remember that quote from the other thread and had to make sure it was him.
Lol yeah, I feel you. My bad. Anyway, what three other than POS/Atmosphere would you suggest?
12:08 PM on 07/21/10
weworemasks
User Info.
Lol yeah, I feel you. My bad. Anyway, what three other than POS/Atmosphere would you suggest?
funny thing is, i only like one of those albums, and it's 11:11/mac lethal.

outside of atmosphere, i never cared for rhymesayers much. they're all too pissed off and tend to sound the exact same. even pos - i've only liked never better and his work with the doomtree collab projects. i dig a handful of atmosphere projects, though. just not overcast.

highly rec atmosphere's lucy ford eps, when life gives you lemons, seven's travels and god loves ugly.

outside of those, eyedea and abilities' e&a, mf doom's mm..food, first two FELT albums (slug + murs) and blueprint's sign language - none of which are on that sale...haha.

and i think that's as good as i can do off the top of my head.
01:35 PM on 07/21/10
Manbotisdead
speaking hot fire
User Info.
I haven't heard of any of these besides POS and Atmosphere. Anyone make a recommendation on any of the others?
Grayskul are cool.
01:40 PM on 07/21/10
Manbotisdead
speaking hot fire
User Info.
funny thing is, i only like one of those albums, and it's 11:11/mac lethal.

outside of atmosphere, i never cared for rhymesayers much. they're all too pissed off and tend to sound the exact same. even pos - i've only liked never better and his work with the doomtree collab projects. i dig a handful of atmosphere projects, though. just not overcast.

highly rec atmosphere's lucy ford eps, when life gives you lemons, seven's travels and god loves ugly.

outside of those, eyedea and abilities' e&a, mf doom's mm..food, first two FELT albums (slug + murs) and blueprint's sign language - none of which are on that sale...haha.

and i think that's as good as i can do off the top of my head.
E&A is incredible. Eyedea is nuts. Also, anything Abilities touches is usually pretty cool.

MM Food is only alright. I feel like Madvillainy sort of spoils other Doom for me.

I think the only way a sale like this could be cooler is if Stones Throw did something like this around the time the new Madvillain album and Aloe Blacc drops.
01:49 PM on 07/21/10
weworemasks
User Info.
E&A is incredible. Eyedea is nuts. Also, anything Abilities touches is usually pretty cool.

MM Food is only alright. I feel like Madvillainy sort of spoils other Doom for me.

I think the only way a sale like this could be cooler is if Stones Throw did something like this around the time the new Madvillain album and Aloe Blacc drops.

I love everything you just said.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests