AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Video News
Have a news tip? Submit news.
Video

This is What Music is About

Posted by: Keagan Ilvonen (07/21/10)
Head to the replies to see a new tour video from Jonas Sees In Color featuring footage of the band's totaled van and how they finished out their tour. This is how music should be, support this band by donating here.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
02:56 PM on 07/21/10
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
03:03 PM on 07/21/10
dsilb37
User Info.
The people in this band are amazingly nice individuals...so scary to hear this happened. Hopefully people are donating to help the effort...
03:21 PM on 07/21/10
atticus18244fss
reddit.com/r/blink182
User Info.
Well made video. That sucks that guy's macbook got destroyed.
03:41 PM on 07/21/10
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
Deleting all this drama. Props to the band for finishing their tour. Glad everyone is OK.
03:42 PM on 07/21/10
Dob
partypartyparty
User Info.
this is a great, inspiring video. i love these dudes. definitely one of the nicest bands ive worked with!
03:45 PM on 07/21/10
Oeightyfour
User Info.
Never going to wish ill will on any band, but this video is so completely over the top and self-congratulating it's not even funny. Tons of bands have this stuff happen to them, whether its van accidents or gear getting stolen, but that don't make a video they attests to their strong will and determination to beat the odds.

"Are we going to be able to play the show tomorrow?" What's the point of including that stuff in this video? Come on, now. Bring on the hate and comments that I'm heartless.
The point behind the video is to show that no matter how bad things can get, you come out ahead and have the power to turn your life around. Esp with your passions in life.

It's a video full of a positive message.

Why live life being a downer, ya know?
03:52 PM on 07/21/10
Khouse89
Welcome to Greyhound Nation
User Info.
Never going to wish ill will on any band, but this video is so completely over the top and self-congratulating it's not even funny. Tons of bands have this stuff happen to them, whether its van accidents or gear getting stolen, but that don't make a video they attests to their strong will and determination to beat the odds.

"Are we going to be able to play the show tomorrow?" What's the point of including that stuff in this video? Come on, now. Bring on the hate and comments that I'm heartless.

A big fuck you is headed your way.
03:54 PM on 07/21/10
Oeightyfour
User Info.
Just saying this video is way too overblown. Props to them for finishing their tour. I have had many interactions with these guys and think they're extremely nice people. No ill will toward them at all.
I feel them making a video showing everything they do, everything they want to do, and then the bad side of what they went through is not overblowing anything.

It sure bands all the bands out there who are just "..such and such happened...donate money here". This puts a face, and emotion into what they're out there doing and - to me personally - gives more validity to donating and wanting to support them (even if you may not like their music).

And agree to disagree, that's fine. So I'm not trying to argue - just clearing my opinion on it anyways.
04:18 PM on 07/21/10
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
never heard of this band before but this video was really nice to watch. glad no one was hurt and wish the best of luck to them. checking em' out
04:42 PM on 07/21/10
youareallfreaks
thoust dare quoth i?
User Info.
damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn that van was fucked up. glad they are okay.
05:09 PM on 07/21/10
oldgreg
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Let's please keep this post positive. This was a crappy situation so let's keep the negative thoughts to ourselves.
06:30 PM on 07/21/10
nicwtor
User Info.
-insert my NC represent comment that I put on anything about this band or Mercy Mercedes-

It sucks so much that this happened to these guys but at least they were able to get through it. I was supposed to see them on Friday but stuff just isn't working out with the person I was gonna crash with. Oh well, hopefully things get better soon.
07:11 PM on 07/21/10
knash9
Registered Member
User Info.
Never listened to them before but I liked the song clips and they seem genuie. Also to people complaining about them asking for donations sorry not everyone is as amazing as the wonder years
09:22 PM on 07/21/10
TBWBphoto
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Never listened to them before but I liked the song clips and they seem genuie. Also to people complaining about them asking for donations sorry not everyone is as amazing as the wonder years
well this certainly wasn't a needed comment. TWY have nothing to do with this.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos