AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Kevin Tiernan & Words We Say- Revisions:A Story Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 7.75
Musicianship 8.75
Lyrics 8.75
Production 6.75
Creativity 9
Lasting Value 8
Reviewer Tilt 4
Final Verdict: 76%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.

Kevin Tiernan & Words We Say- Revisions:A Story

Reviewed by: JakeIam (07/22/10)
Kevin Tiernan & Words We Say- Revisions:A Story
Record Label: Unsigned
Release Date: May 25th, 2010

I am a self proclaimed movie-buff. I love the experience of delving into a film and becoming one with the characters. For this reason, I tend to gravitate towards albums that can replicate this effect. In scanning this site, I stumbled upon a band known as, Kevin Tiernan & Words We Say. At first, I was skeptical, but I decided to give their music a shot. What I uncovered was more than I had bargained for. Upon first listen, Words We Say may not sound like anything special, but upon listening to the concept of it all, things start to pan out. Kevin Tiernan's debut album, Revisions: A Story is, you guessed it, a story. The album tells the tales of an old man who is incredibly unhappy with his life, having lost his love, family, etc. He's cooped up and he's never been on a single adventure he planned on. However, an angel visits this old man, and gives him the chance to alter his past. So, the songs become the way things should have been, at least that's what I got out of it.

However, beyond this twisting story is an album full of catchy hooks. Opening with a pop-punk-esque anthem, "Friday Nights At 95", the record is diverse from the start. With beat tracks like, "Hello Homefront", a radio-worthy tune, and folk-rock arrangements like, "Zeke Gauguin The Poet", 'Revisions' has something for everybody. Personal favorite tracks are "Nobody Believes In Me", and "All Bad Things Revised", a vastly epic ending to the record. The album is lyrically captivating, making the listeners truly think about what they've just heard. Piano parts decorate the songs, clad with multi-part suites.

While the album is on the long side, it allows for the story elements to grow. In short, Revisions: A Story is something you don't want to miss.

Track Listing 1. Step I: A Life of Old
2. Friday Nights At 95
3. Rusty and the Lucky Boys Band
4. Revisions
5. Nobody Believes In Me
6. Namaste
7. Hello, Homefront
8. Step II: A Life of New
9. The Cabin (Awake)
10. The Hunter/Searching For Edith/
The Rebels/The Narrator
11. Zeke Gauguin the Poet
12. 1935
13. Step III: A Life of Love
14. Swim With the Stars
15. She Believes In Me
16. The Final Test/The Deal/
The Nuptials/The Prodigal Son
17. All Bad Things Revised (feat. Holden Palmieri)

Recommended If You LikeCassino, Cast Spells, Ra Ra Riot, Right Away, Great Captain!, Folk-Rock

www.myspace.com/KevinTiernan

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS